Sign in to follow this  
mepot

Brighthouse/FSN Thread

League Pass is for fans of a team that is outside that fan's coverage area, or for a fan of the entire NBA in general.

If you live within the coverage area of a particular team, and that team's games are available on another channel, you will not be able to view the game via League Pass.

This is to prevent the NBA League Pass from competing with the local broadcasters.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

League Pass is for fans of a team that is outside that fan's coverage area, or for a fan of the entire NBA in general.

If you live within the coverage area of a particular team, and that team's games are available on another channel, you will not be able to view the game via League Pass.

This is to prevent the NBA League Pass from competing with the local broadcasters.

How does it work for nba league pass broadband? Do they still blackout games? if so, why did the nba link work today for the live feed?

I just thought of something.Not sure if the local channels have picked up on this story but maybe we should shoot emails to wesh, wftv and wkmg.Maybe they can put pressure(by asking them on camera and by sending them to this thread) on brighthouse and magic management and ask them why the two parties(bh/fsn) involved can't work something out.I just want to watch my freaking games.Sorry to beat a dead horse.

A shame so few saw this great game

Mike Bianchi | SPORTS COMMENTARY

11:17 PM EDT, October 31, 2007

"What a scene. What a show. The arena was packed. The team was pumped.

Rashard Lewis shot it like a man who's playing for a max contract, not somebody who just got one.

The fans? They came dressed as monsters. And Dwight Howard? He played like one.

What a scene. What a show.

And what a shame you didn't get to see it."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-bianchi0107nov01,0,3...oll=orl_tab01_layout

I work in Celebration and we've got Comcast there, so I didn't miss the opener as I was called in to work last night. But I live over by UCF where I've got BH and I'm sure I will miss a good number of weekend FSN games if this doesn't get sorted out soon.

I was able to watch the game via grainy/choppy webcast in between waves of trick or treaters assailing the house. Instead of on my big screen and $150 a month cable subscription.

But this is sad that Hedo's home (Turkey) and Yi's (China) were able to watch the game on TV but NOT the fans that spend their money and time to support this team.

This sucks! I have internet and cable with Brighthouse, yeah bhnole about 150 for me as well. My Dad has the same thing, another 150 a month. Yet Brighthouse tells US that FSN is expensive! What the hell are they talking about. They will just pass the expense on to us anyway, just get it DONE! I HATE CORPORATIONS!!! Oh and they then tell we have half of the games, well brighthouse should I pay half my bill??? Will that be ok too???

Sorry guys, but I'm frustrated. I do go to games when I can, but I have to get up at 4:30am to go to work so during work days I have to turn in early if I want to be able to function at work. I need to be able to view the games at home too.

quote:
Originally posted by BNASTY89:

Rashard Lewis shot it like a man who's playing for a max contract, not somebody who just got one.

For once, I actually enjoyed reading a Bianchi article. This one almost deserves its own thread.

quote:
Originally posted by BNASTY89:

The best article Bianchi has ever written. For once he wasn't a complete moron.

Everyone keep those angry e-mails and phone calls coming, mine won't stop until something is resolved. I don't know what else to do.

quote:
originally posted by and1mixtape: I just thought of something.Not sure if the local channels have picked up on this story but maybe we should shoot emails to wesh, wftv and wkmg.Maybe they can put pressure(by asking them on camera and by sending them to this thread) on brighthouse and magic management and ask them why the two parties(bh/fsn) involved can't work something out.I just want to watch my freaking games.Sorry to beat a dead horse.

I was wondering why nothing has been reported on local news stations as well (not what I've seen at least). I think that would help quite a bit - why not contact those stations as well and request they report on this situation? Couldn't hurt.

Thank you Orlando Magic, and Bright House for screwing up my evening. I really appreciate that. Now it looks like I will lose a great weekend Pistons on Friday night and Wizards on Saturday.

Great!!!

This is bull****. why the hell are the magic going to sign a contract that wont let the "True" central Florida fans watch their games? even China got to see the game, ridiculous. Cant believe they wont even televise the Detroit game, I am so pissed at this.

I just sent e-mails to WESH, WKMG and WFTV. They need to get out there, confront the Magic, confront Bright House, smear this problem all over the news and maybe something can happen.

This situation is a complete slap in the face to Magic fans and Bright House customers in Central Florida, and our voices need to be heard.