Sign in to follow this  
Catman

Stupid music during each possession - Needed?

Remember when the NBA had a silent games and how nice it was?

Who in god's name likes hearing some stupid annoying repetitive piece of music each time the ball is brought up the court?

What are we, 6 years old? Do we need to hear an organ to chat DE FENSE?

It's stuff like this that makes games seem exceptionally cheesy.

When will the NBA realize how lame the music is? Go silent all the time and let the crowd make the noise.

This post was inspired by the HEAT's annoying PA guy one.

Remember when the NBA had a silent games and how nice it was?

Who in god's name likes hearing some stupid annoying repetitive piece of music each time the ball is brought up the court?

What are we, 6 years old? Do we need to hear an organ to chat DE FENSE?

It's stuff like this that makes games seem exceptionally cheesy.

When will the NBA realize how lame the music is? Go silent all the time and let the crowd make the noise.

This post was inspired by the HEAT's annoying PA guy one.

its very rare that a sudden "D-Fense!" chant spring up out of nowhere. they usually require a little encouragement from the loud system. it just gets annoying when the little beats become redundant. should switch it up a bit.

Boy, that's depressing that people still like that annoying nonsense. I found nothing boring about the silent game, I go to watch basketball though.

you guys left out the WORST ones....

the Adams Family song? Wow, someone actually said, "everyone knows when to snap during this song, lets play it!" Gross.

Also... Day-O Day-O, then everyone repeats it like a bunch of F-ing mindless Parrots. I refuse to take part in that.

the problem is that they seem to use the same music and same crap over and over again. If they could mix it up and darnit, find some newer music, it would be okay. Sometimes the music is needed to get people into the games, but when they play things like Kris Kross(?) JUMP JUMP everytime there's a jump ball or tip-off, or Van Halen's JUMP..Come on people be a little original

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

the problem is that they seem to use the same music and same crap over and over again. If they could mix it up and darnit, find some newer music, it would be okay. Sometimes the music is needed to get people into the games, but when they play things like Kris Kross(?) JUMP JUMP everytime there's a jump ball or tip-off, or Van Halen's JUMP..Come on people be a little original

When I went to the Sacremento game, and they played Kris Kross, I actually sat up and took note. Why in god's name would you play a song that was only relavent for about 5 weeks, 16 years ago?