Frankie Figgs

Puerto Rican lament for Arroyo

quote:
Originally posted by CaseyMullen928:

quote:
Originally posted by Puya:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Alot of the ugliness has to do with Arroyo's play. We had some absurd discussions after we acquired him last year but since he was playing well the conversations were still civil. This year he has played God awful and it makes it a little unbearable when some (not all) Arroyo fans come on and say that he is playing great, or to make it worse remind us how terrible our other pg is playing. It has grated on everyones nerves all season (including mine) and its brought it to the point where its now boiling over.

Arroyo alog side with Nelson, Coach, Hedu among others

YET YOU STILL GLORIFY ARROYO...PASS THE BLAME. Face it, arroyo is not playing well. That's something a lot of Arroyo fans cannot face. Most of us accept that most everyone on the Magic in some ways have contributed to their lack of success.

Please try to understand this...

Obviously there are passionate Arroyo fans, but the dissatisfaction among those fans is not entirely baseless.

It would not be difficult to accept that Arroyo was being benched entire games for Chauncey Billups (when this happenned no one complained). But minute-by-minute, the statistics of Arroyo are basically identical to those of Nelson. Yet one player is a starter playing 30 minutes an the other one nothing.

Maybe there are some other reasons or intangibles, and the coaches see perfect reasoning in all of this. But please understand that this is what make people feel the way the do, and it is not an entirely irrational thought.

the judge,

the reason i said they enlisted... yes they cant vote for a president that is overall commander and chief and in my eyes a moron. Theres plenty of people in iraq that cant vote and are still there, the president didnt draft them, who ever inlists what ever thier ethnicity is knows that at anytime they can step into harms way no matter what nationality or voting privledge

now....bring on serbian nite!

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

People that hate on Arroyo and hate on his fans for anything besides his horrible play this season are freakin' bigots.

'Nuff said.

MM, thanks that makes me feel really good. :-)

I'm puertorrican. I'm proud of my small island and I'm proud of Carlos as well as any other puertorrican that achieve something positive at a global scale. BUT THIS IS NOT THE FORUM TO EXPRESS MY FEELLINGS REGARDING PUERTO RICO. Much less to bring political issues regarding Puerto Rico. Think of this, do you think I will care if Serbia have a Soccer Champion team or if Turkey have great weight lifters, just because a citizen for this country is an Orlando Magic fan? What does this have to do with Hedo or Darko performance on the court?

I think that this thread has never bieng started. My fellow puertorricans, I do not think that Carlos deserve the bench. I have my mind clear about this and I dont care what other people in this forum think. However, Cralos have some problems that he need to correct. For some reason and is not entirelly his play in the court, he have a tendency to fall from the coaches favor. First was Sloan, then Larry Bown, then Flip and now Brian Hill. Four coaches in a row. Dont tray to explain me why. Only Carlos himself can answer this question. I wish that Carlos can settle in a team in which he can stabilize his NBA carreer. And to be honest, we the puertorricans that leave outside Orlando are really Carlos fans not Magics fans.

quote:
Originally posted by mackofalltrades:

my 2 cents...not like it matters

Sometimes i really wonder if carlos is in orlando because of the latin community and fans in the stands... i mean i was at the latin nite game, which is great an all it celebrates one of our players heritages....but if they celebrate one persons ethnicity why dont they another... do you think they would have a serbian nite? doubt it

Dude get a clue. 42% of the people coming into Orlando are hispanic, and of that percentile 52% are Puerto Rican. it would be to the Magic's advantage to have a latin night to court the hispanic community. Unfortunately Carlos never understands that he is a pg and not a sg.

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

quote:
Originally posted by mackofalltrades:

my 2 cents...not like it matters

Sometimes i really wonder if carlos is in orlando because of the latin community and fans in the stands... i mean i was at the latin nite game, which is great an all it celebrates one of our players heritages....but if they celebrate one persons ethnicity why dont they another... do you think they would have a serbian nite? doubt it

Dude get a clue. 42% of the people coming into Orlando are hispanic, and of that percentile 52% are Puerto Rican. it would be to the Magic's advantage to have a latin night to court the hispanic community. Unfortunately Carlos never understands that he is a pg and not a sg.

i have a clue but im just trying to make a point... yes its all about the benjamins.. and about carlos pulling up for 2 when he has the open assist

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

Frankie, Orlando would have been the best place for him to play and enjoy a solid fan support, but....., he met up with G Hill with an obsolete system of play adapted to a great developing player(Howard), he met up with a committed Otis to develop Jameer into a PG at all costs and match him with Howard, he met up with a lot of jealous players and fans because of his local prominence and publicity promotion income that could also take some of his mind off the court, he never accepted his back up role and secretly foolishly believed he could get a chance to become the starting PG( the press initially thought so too) but he never got the team involved enough to back him up, he never continued developing his defensive role as he should have to develop his game further. At times in my own tainted view, it seemed he was not getting the calls from the refs which diminished his frequent trips to the free line. Would hope Miami could develop interest in him but there is some sort of animosity between Wade and Carlos from the world tournament. The decision to use Dooling as back up PG seems wise defensively and the offense seemde so far to flow better but I remember it was also this way when Carlos and Dooling were sharing this role before Jameer camback form his injury last season. Carlos has to decide between a back up role in the NBA or a starter in Europe. The money will probably help him decide.

This was my initial reply to this post trying to concentrate the discussion on Carlos performance, yet nobody answered my speculative analyis and some board members just continued the Carlos roast style of nationalistic discussion which was seccondary to the initial post. Lets try again.

quote:
DJmase,sorry my post is too much over your head, dont be ashamed of yourself, be patient, someday you will have your day.

You mean this one?

quote:
This was my initial reply to this post trying to concentrate the discussion on Carlos performance, yet nobody answered my speculative analyis and some board members just continued the Carlos roast style of nationalistic discussion which was seccondary to the initial post. Lets try again.

You are right. All of the spelling and grammatical errors prevented me from responding to your speculative analysis, Professor.