Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

I'm getting "J.J. Fever"! But, he can't start with Jameer in the backcourt.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Where did this come from? Did I miss something?

I'm wondering the same thing.. it even took me a minute to realize this was an old thread, LOL I thought Junkie had a new point to bring up.

But some of the views on Page 1 are still valid. Redick's more valuable if he plays with a tough & taller PG (one that'll play more D than Carlos or Jameer have in recent years) and there's no sense in having him out there if no one ****in' passes him the basketball.

Also.. and I noticed this too back in '07... teams are deathly afraid of his outside shot, whether he was in a slump or not. He spaced the floor for Dwight on reputation alone. Meanwhile, there are times last season where teams would pay full attention to Dwight & Hedo, while letting Evans/Bogans shooting open shots. Kind of goes against the plan of spacing the floor for Dwight, doesn't it?

But of course, there's J.J.'s "lack of defensive b-ball I.Q." and the rest is history.

soul, i thought you and bj would have something better. at least smack has something worth while to say. i may not agree with him always but he has a lot to add to this board. where you and bj are all about bashing jj and everything about him from his ability, his family, his everything, etc. please move on. jj will be gone soon. jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I brought this thread up to show Junkie and the board that he once loved JJ.

LOL, you mean the 15 minutes that Junkie had where he considered liking JJ. I'm not sure that qualifies Bro. I never would use the word "hater" because its idiotic but Junkie has never been a fan of his.

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

soul, i thought you and bj would have something better. at least smack has something worth while to say. i may not agree with him always but he has a lot to add to this board. where you and bj are all about bashing jj and everything about him from his ability, his family, his everything, etc. please move on. jj will be gone soon. jacklj

Show me the last time I bashed JJ, Jack. Seriously. If you believe this particular thread is meant to bash JJ, you are sorely wrong. It was an underhanded, friendly way to call out Junkie, not JJ. Please get off your judgmental high horse.

quote:

at least smack has something worth while to say.

I, too, like Smack's posts. But it was Smack, not me, posting on the insider info thread that JJ is an alcoholic, with pics to go along with those claims. Was that "worthwhile to say" for your eyes?

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I, too, like Smack's posts. But it was Smack, not me, posting on the insider info thread that JJ is an alcoholic, with pics to go along with those claims. Was that "worthwhile to say" for your eyes?

Worthwhile & accurate? Yes.

the magic organization surely has made a ton of mistakes and continue to do so. how ever i dont think they would have drafted a drunk with the 11th pick. i'm sorry if some dont like what i have said but the effort to discredit this young man almost on a daily basis, and no other magic player at this time, just seems to me to be over the top. i am a magic fan, a basketball fan, and a jj fan, and i hope all the magic players do well and all of you should to. jacklj

quote:

the magic organization surely has made a ton of mistakes and continue to do so. how ever i dont think they would have drafted a drunk with the 11th pick. i'm sorry if some dont like what i have said but the effort to discredit this young man almost on a daily basis, and no other magic player at this time, just seems to me to be over the top. i am a magic fan, a basketball fan, and a jj fan, and i hope all the magic players do well and all of you should to. jacklj

LOL. That was an impressive side-step of answering the questions posed back to you.

Exactly what office are you running for?

first of all i dont have to answer anything and if you can not admit to what is going on then thats your problem. and by the way i'm not running for anything i'm retired. jacklj

quote:

first of all i dont have to answer anything and if you can not admit to what is going on then thats your problem. and by the way i'm not running for anything i'm retired. jacklj

So you just want everyone to listen to your opinions without engaging in any form of conversation that would require you to actually support your argument.

Hey, it's a message board, so if that's the style you want to choose, that's cool.

But don't expect anyone to actually attempt to engage you in any sort of reasonable conversation when you have chosen to use the shoot-and-hide methodology.