Sign in to follow this  
bhnole

Zeke found guilty of Sexual Harassment!

A jury ruled Tuesday that New York Knicks coach Isiah Thomas sexually harassed a former top team executive, subjecting her to unwanted advances and a barrage of verbal insults, but also ruled he does not have to pay punitive damages.

After an ugly, three-week trial, the ruling gives Thomas a partial victory in the $10 million lawsuit filed by Anucha Browne Sanders.

The jury did find that Madison Square Garden committed harassment against the woman, and ruled that she is entitled to punitive damages from MSG.

U.S. District Judge Gerard E. Lynch called it an "imminently reasonable" verdict and said the jury will be asked to return later Tuesday to hear brief arguments on punitive damages.

The harassment verdict was widely expected after the jury sent a note to the judge Monday indicating that it believed Thomas and the other defendants, Madison Square Garden and MSG chairman James Dolan, sexually harassed Browne Sanders.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7289504?MSNHPHCP&GT1=10539

A jury ruled Tuesday that New York Knicks coach Isiah Thomas sexually harassed a former top team executive, subjecting her to unwanted advances and a barrage of verbal insults, but also ruled he does not have to pay punitive damages.

After an ugly, three-week trial, the ruling gives Thomas a partial victory in the $10 million lawsuit filed by Anucha Browne Sanders.

The jury did find that Madison Square Garden committed harassment against the woman, and ruled that she is entitled to punitive damages from MSG.

U.S. District Judge Gerard E. Lynch called it an "imminently reasonable" verdict and said the jury will be asked to return later Tuesday to hear brief arguments on punitive damages.

The harassment verdict was widely expected after the jury sent a note to the judge Monday indicating that it believed Thomas and the other defendants, Madison Square Garden and MSG chairman James Dolan, sexually harassed Browne Sanders.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7289504?MSNHPHCP&GT1=10539

Very curious to see what this means for Thomas and his tenure with the Knicks. They would look hypocritical for firing him considering they were found guilty of the same thing. But surely this will have some impact on him.

Surely David Stern will have something to say as well.

Stern needs to step in and clean up this team. How can they try to enforce better conduct for players when a GM and Owner is pulling this crap.

Suspending a GM does no good, they should take away draft picks or something.

**Gong crash**

What's up B******!! I heard Live or Die, Bhnole, and Jurors 1-12 talking about me!

I know many of you have been worried about what will happen to good old Zeek. Well, I'm here to let you know that Zeek will be just fine, I've been keeping my pimp hand strong. I booted a couple of my Ho's....err administrative assistants in their booty and I feel much better now.

You see sometimes when a man is in charge (LOL, I had to laugh at that, men are always in charge!)he needs to let his ******* know who is the boss. Just the other day my intern brought me coffee with 3 sugars in it instead of 4, I grabbed a whole pot of boiling coffee and threw it all over her french maid outfit (standard uniform for all Garden hoochies..err interns). After that she knew that when I say 4 sugars I mean 4 sugars! I sent her back out to finish my laundry and cook me lunch where she belongs, in the kitchen.

We were completely justified in firing our head marketing ho. I mean how are we supposed to rebuild the Knicks with her poll dancing every draft day? How the heck do you think we ended up drafting Nate Robinson? At least our Swedish housekeeping staff has the good sense to wait until after the draft to feed me and Dolan grapes and fan us with palm fronds, this is a serious business and we need to be respected at all times.

Look I know everyone has heard about how we condone players doing the horizontal mambo with Garden interns, it's true but how else are we supposed to stay competitive personel wise? Cuban is sneaking cameras into the dressing rooms at Dancing with the Stars and providing pic's of the dancers to his players, I just don't have that kind of pull. Poor Steph was having such a hard time finding singles for the strip clubs that he had to sell his shoes for $14 bucks! Have you ever tried to go to a strip club and ask them to break a thousand dollar bill?

Zeek, you are a reassuring presence. You are consistent, just like Orlando traffic, wait times at Wal-Mart, and the taste of the OCTB.

It is nice to know that some things don't change.

Good luck in your non-basketball life (which is soon to be your ENTIRE life!).

Just want to say it is such a shame and a disappointment that an NBA legend and a once respected man (which I think even has a movie about his story) falls into harrassment like this.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

All I know is that we should sign this chick to play PF. Have you seen the size of her?

capt.594fe9af16a044d4affcab2bc7d0a547.knicks_thomas_harassment_suit_nyll110.jpg

Holy ****! She is bigger than Zeke. Maybe he fired her because she could take him out if needed.

Am I the only one that is a bit annoyed about how quick David Stern is to brush this subject off? I guarentee that if this same exact situation occured in a smaller market team, than this would be a big deal, and there would be some punishment from the NBA to the GM.

It just sickens me how much favortism is shown to large market teams, the Knicks to be exact.

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

Am I the only one that is a bit annoyed about how quick David Stern is to brush this subject off? I guarentee that if this same exact situation occured in a smaller market team, than this would be a big deal, and there would be some punishment from the NBA to the GM.

It just sickens me how much favortism is shown to large market teams, the Knicks to be exact.

I didn't realize that he had brushed it off. I just figured he was waiting until the punishment had been decided upon.

I expect that the league will issue its own punishment both to Isiah and to the Knicks.