Sign in to follow this  
Rico

Tony Battie injury update

Just heard on spanish radio the spanish comentator Joy Colon, said that Battie had sufer a shoulder injury rotator cuff, and would be out for the rest of the year,and the magic now nedded to look for another big man. any body knows anithing about this.

Just heard on spanish radio the spanish comentator Joy Colon, said that Battie had sufer a shoulder injury rotator cuff, and would be out for the rest of the year,and the magic now nedded to look for another big man. any body knows anithing about this.

That's the problem with extending a guy like Battie for 6.5 million while letting a young guy like Darko walk and sign for slighty more (before you start talking about how one didn't cause the other, I'm aware...but, Battie wasn't up for an extension when we offered one).

Now we are relying upon Foyle, who is good for 10-15 minutes per game, Gortat, who has zero NBA experience, Bo who wasn't even resigned, and Garrity, who we should've traded four years ago.

That's a great frontcourt. Dammit! Why doesn't Otis just call me up and ask what moves he should make?

I can't find it either...I know Joey Colon is the official magic commentator in spanish radio, he's the guys the show on the games sometimes, well everygame.....

If he really said this, it must be true, he is pretty much part of the organization....

This sucks....I mean, like it was said before, at least Battie is a really solid player, that could start if needed....

I guess Foyle and Gortat will get some big minutes this year....

ooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrr, we need to find someone quick...

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Maybe this will motivate management to trade Hedo & parts to acquire a big upgrade.

I personally think it will as IMO Otis see's Tony as a legit NBA starter when he isn't.

Battie is a hard worker and I love his attitude and feel he does a job for us but hopefully now Otis will see how thin our frontcourt is and get a real big in too replace him.