47 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want draft day 2013?

• Buke
    • Noel
    • Porter
    • McLemore
    • Oladipo
    • Another Player

maybe take Burke at 4... But I'd still just draft McLemore, Noel and Porter before him... We don't have to draft our back up point guard with a top 3 pick.

• Upvote 1

maybe take Burke at 4... But I'd still just draft McLemore, Noel and Porter before him... We don't have to draft our back up point guard with a top 3 pick.

You're crazy sir. While Burke may not start from day one he can easily fill in and be our PG of the future. The only way I would be OK with passing on Burke would be to take Noel, sit him out, tank and then look at Marcus Smart next year.

100 % agree

1. Noel

2. McLemore

3. Porter

4. Burk

My board looks like this. Keep in mind I don't really pay attention to what the so called "experts" say and go strictly off of my own eyes, but here is what I have.

Tier 1

1. Noel

2. Burke

3. McLemore

Tier 2

4. Bennett

5. McCollum

6. Porter

7. Oladipo

8. Muhammad

Tier 3

9. Plumlee

10. Len/Zeller

Sleeper Picks: Jamaal Franklin, Seth Curry, Pierre Jackson

• Upvote 1

You're crazy sir. While Burke may not start from day one he can easily fill in and be our PG of the future. The only way I would be OK with passing on Burke would be to take Noel, sit him out, tank and then look at Marcus Smart next year.

What about taking McLemore? Him and Smart could form a decent long term back court duo.

What about taking McLemore? Him and Smart could form a decent long term back court duo.

I could see those two really complementing each other well. I like that idea a lot. We would easily have one of the best young back courts in the NBA.

My new list of preferences:

:gold_cup: Noel

:silver_cup: Trade down to select CJ McCollum and a big

:bronze_cup: McLemore

:tongue: Burke

:svgsad: Oladipo

I think many on this forum (myself included until recently) want to draft a replacement to Jameer this year so badly that they are overvaluing Trey Burke. I do believe that Burke will be a very solid pro, but likely never an all-star talent. CJ McCollum has the versatility to play at point or off the ball, and was having a great year until his injury. I would prefer nabbing him and a solid big to McLemore and Burke, but drafting Noel and letting him rehab all year while we tank for a high 2014 lottery pick is best case scenario.

My new list of preferences:

:gold_cup:/>/> Noel

:silver_cup:/>/> Trade down to select CJ McCollum and a big

:bronze_cup:/>/> McLemore

:tongue:/>/> Burke

:svgsad:/>/> Oladipo

I think many on this forum (myself included until recently) want to draft a replacement to Jameer this year so badly that they are overvaluing Trey Burke. I do believe that Burke will be a very solid pro, but likely never an all-star talent. CJ McCollum has the versatility to play at point or off the ball, and was having a great year until his injury. I would prefer nabbing him and a solid big to McLemore and Burke, but drafting Noel and letting him rehab all year while we tank for a high 2014 lottery pick is best case scenario.

with burke being 6'1 with a 6.5.5 wingspan, he is not being overvalued anymore. I thought he was more like 5"10, because they normally fudge college numbers sometimes. burke is bigger than chris paul and has way more pg skill than smart. Now I did want smart because of his upside at 6'4 230 and defense impact. Burke will be better Nelson on offense and defense, and I think nelson as been solid for use - over his career.

Why do you think Burke will Fail? I feel he is the safest pick in the draft.

Why do you think Burke will Fail? I feel he is the safest pick in the draft.

It's not that I think he will fail, I just don't think his ceiling is as high as some people do. I think McCollum will also be a very solid pro, and we may have the opportunity to get him as well as a good big man.

It's not that I think he will fail, I just don't think his ceiling is as high as some people do. I think McCollum will also be a very solid pro, and we may have the opportunity to get him as well as a good big man.

I think mccollum will be a very good scorer like j. crawford or Cuttino Moble. I dont think he is a pg. With burke, pure point guards that can also score are rare.

what do you think burke ceiling is?

I trust the magic front office to evaluate the talent. My fear is if we trade down, other teams will value him like we do and trade higher to grab him. I agree with you that he was having a phenomenal year before the injury and it wasn't an overly serious one like Noel's where you question his comeback.

I think mccollum will be a very good scorer like j. crawford or Cuttino Moble. I dont think he is a pg. With burke, pure point guards that can also score are rare.

what do you think burke ceiling is?

I think his ceiling will be Jameer with slightly better offense but slightly worse defense. I think the ability to play both guard positions is what I like most about McCollum. As a side note, I don't think PG is a position we need an allstar level player at to compete for a championship. Strong wing players seem to increasingly be the players that make the biggest difference.

EDIT: Don't think I'm against Trey Burke- I followed him all season and thoroughly enjoyed watching him, especially in the tournament. If we draft him, I'll still be happy. I just think there are better options.