Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Denton, "Go Figure" the day after saying our roster has major flaws.(blog)

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Well the one thing helping your argument is Brian Hill really loves Ariza. I still think he is going to get moved but Blake is a free agent so we don't have to trade to get him.

I thought he was a restricted f/a. Hmmm... resign Darko... sign Steve Blake... I like that more than bringing in a player that dominates the ball like VC.

Check out this bit on Steve Blake:

quote:
With a month-and-a-half until the end of the season, Denver Nuggets guard Steve Blake's future with the team has crossed his mind. He is in the last year of a contract that pays $1.3 million and is an unrestricted free agent when the Nuggets' season ends. He hopes Denver will want him back.

"It slips in your mind every now and then," Blake said. "But mainly right now I'm just focused on the season. I don't know what teams are going to want me. Hopefully Denver will."

How would it work though? Start Steve Blake and bring Jameer off the bench?

I mean, Jameer is a very egotistical guy. He might go nuts having to share minutes, or worse, play behind a guy like Steve Blake.

Then again, maybe that's just what Jameer needs to re-discover himself! I'm totally convinced that Jameer is never going to change his game (Did you see my thread about that subject?), but if we can pick up Steve Blake to distribute the ball, that might be a moot point!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

quote:
With a month-and-a-half until the end of the season, Denver Nuggets guard Steve Blake's future with the team has crossed his mind. He is in the last year of a contract that pays $1.3 million and is an unrestricted free agent when the Nuggets' season ends. He hopes Denver will want him back.

"It slips in your mind every now and then," Blake said. "But mainly right now I'm just focused on the season. I don't know what teams are going to want me. Hopefully Denver will."

Why Steve Blake? His stats are inferior by much to Jameer and Carlos, what am I missing here that makes him so valuable to the team?

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

We have a great group of players, that when utilized properly will be able to play with any team in the league.

These are my exact sentiments.

I attended the first game the Magic played in American Airlines Arena, since I was visiting my family members down in Miami, and it wasn't too bad. I like how the place is lighted, with all of the lights pointing down to the court, so that it stands out from the entire Arena. Some fans were obnoxious, but others were very kind.

For some reason, we just always beat the heat, lol.

I went to the AAA arena for a game the season before they got Wade (they really sucked then). They lost the game against the equally crappy Knicks. Miami has never been a good home team for whatever reason, my opinion is that s.florida fans are only loud at Dolphins games.

The Arena looks impressive from outside, I remember when it got built it looked amazing. From inside it's just ok. The O-Arena seems like it spreads out towards the sides, but the AAA feels like you're inside a coffee cup or something, more vertical. I Didn't really like it.