Sign in to follow this  
FENDI

Changes Coming For Magic, Likely At The Point

My read on the Iverson trade was:

Philadelphia wanted Jameer Nelson a young popular home town kid. The 76'rs didn't want Miller from Denver or his contract. Otis passed.

I believe the 76'rs have changed their mind since and now are happy that they have Miller.

Honestly I dont understand why thye keep talking about either not resigning Darko r trading him, have they forgotten how small we are as is, are they really suggesting we go even smaller.

Darko is a neccessary part of this team, and to trade him away would be foolish....

I have a trade idea that would help us at the point guard position...

Orlando trades:

1.) Hedo Turkoglu

2.) Rights to Fran Vasquez

Toronto trades:

1.) Jose Calderon

2.) Jorge Garbajosa

We'd be getting the playmaking point guard we need: Jose Calderon. He's seventh in the NBA in Assist/TO ratio, but he's playing in T.J. Ford's shadow.

The Raptors would be filling their hole at small forward with Hedo Turkoglu. Fran Vasquez would also be a good fit on their team.

Our new lineup would be...

PG - Jose Calderon

SG - J.J. Redick

SF - Trevor Ariza

PF - Darko Milicic

C - Dwight Howard

If that lineup doesn't give you the chills, nothing will. Would Toronto do it though?

i like miller, if we can't get billups i'd love to see him here. but giving up jameer? i don't know, i think we could get him cheaper. the sixers are rebuilding, they maybe could need some expiring deals. i say carlos + pat + fran + 2 of our 2nd rounders for miller.

in this case we could try to sign pietrus if he opt out his contract.

and then, now everybody will hate me, trade hedo for foyle + 1st rounder.

why for the magic? they get a draft pick in one of the best drafts ever, maybe even a lottery pick. ok, foyle's contract is awful but it expires in 2009 while hedo's expires in 2010. and we also get a backup big.

why for the warriors? they get rid of one of their biggest mistakes in their history and also get 3mill in capspace(maybe a 3 team trade).