LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

That's why Embiid would be a better fit for us than Wiggins we need some size next to Vuc maybe even run a triangle offense

Do people think the triangle is some kind of sorcery? It's an offensive style that requires certain skill sets that our team doesn't have.

Do people think the triangle is some kind of sorcery? It's an offensive style that requires certain skill sets that our team doesn't have.

I support the drafting of wizards

Shouldn't be that hard. It's actually one less corner of a square. Heck, Michael Jordan could run it, and he didn't even graduate from college.

embiid and nick can play with each other. I am not sure why people dont see that fact.

Because you need an elite wing in today's game. We don't have an elite anything right now.

Because you need an elite wing in today's game. We don't have an elite anything right now.

Exactly. We do not have an elite anything. Period, point blank. I love how people talk about "fit" and this and that. We are not in a position to be worried at all about fit. Whomever the best player is at our pick, that's who we will take. Dipo, Harrris, Nik are solid pieces but nothing elite. Give me whoever Henny feels is the best POA when we pick, that's the guy I want. Not the guy that "fits" best with our current roster.

• Upvote 1

Keep an eye on Clint Capela. He's already pretty high on draftexpress' mock but I'm sure he'll move up teams draft boards after the deadline when GM's can get across to see him. Looks like he could be Serge Ibaka 2.0 to me. (not as good a jump shooter though). If we draft anybody but Embiid with our 1st pick I'd love to get him with the 2nd pick.

Guy had a 21 point, 9 rebound, 7 assist, 6 block game earlier this month.

Keep an eye on Clint Capela. He's already pretty high on draftexpress' mock but I'm sure he'll move up teams draft boards after the deadline when GM's can get across to see him. Looks like he could be Serge Ibaka 2.0 to me. (not as good a jump shooter though). If we draft anybody but Embiid with our 1st pick I'd love to get him with the 2nd pick.

Guy had a 21 point, 9 rebound, 7 assist, 6 block game earlier this month.

Rail thin. I've seen little of this guy so I don't have any opinion of him.

Looking at him, it doesn't look like he has a frame to carry significantly more weight. That might become an issue.

Rail thin. I've seen little of this guy so I don't have any opinion of him.

Looking at him, it doesn't look like he has a frame to carry significantly more weight. That might become an issue.

Yea his "cons" are basically the same as what seems like practically every athletic shot blocker at a young age. Lack of weight/strength means he has trouble guarding in the post and finishing through contact. Lacks fundamentals on defense. Lacks offensive polish.

The trouble with Capela is sometimes he gets his head down and then just coasts through the game with little effort and that can't happen if he's to make it in an NBA rotation. If he ran the floor hard more often and was a better passer of the ball he'd be essentially the exact same player as Nerlens Noel.

I'm actually okay with Harris and Harkless as our 3's but it also helps that Harris can play the 4.

I keep seeing us drafting either Parker or Wiggins along with McDermott so I'd be okay with any 2 of those 3 in the 1st rd. I saw another mock with us getting Wiggins and Cauley-Stein. I just have this gut feeling we're going to draft somewhere between 3-6. I think the league will do its heat to give the Celtics the first pick of the draft though