LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

He's also 16

I know, I know. He's also a sophomore in high school. I expect him to put on weight but he has a long way to go in that department. If he makes it to the NBA, I don't want to see the guy bullied. I want him to at least put "Durant" weight on himself. The goal: #provethemwrong

Who knows what that guy could have said to smart. I'm absolutely certain there was initiative to that altercation.

Who knows what that guy could have said to smart. I'm absolutely certain there was initiative to that altercation.

Prolly said that he'd fall to our 2nd first.

Wow, I wonder how many games the NCAA suspend him for that shove.

Even if the guy said the most heinous thing imaginable to Smart, he still has to control himself in that setting. He can't go all mini-Artest on a fan during a game. I think he falls out of the lottery for sure.

Am I the only one that like this kid more as a result of this? Smart seems to be a very passionate guy and that is something we need here. Clearly he is a leader and wil do anything to compete.

THe fan apparently told him "go back to africa" and honestly the push was well deserved.

• Upvote 2

Am I the only one that like this kid more as a result of this? Smart seems to be a very passionate guy and that is something we need here. Clearly he is a leader and wil do anything to compete.

THe fan apparently told him "go back to africa" and honestly the push was well deserved.

Unfortunately we'll never know what the fan said, but he obviously said something fairly offensive. It looks to me like he says, "sorry about that" when Smart is staring him down right before the shove, but by that time what was done was done. Not sure if this will impact his draft stock anymore than his shooting ability already has, but if he starts slipping into late lottery I'd be fine with Hennigan moving up to draft him with our second pick.