LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Ennis seems to have some Deron Williams in him. Looks like he won't be around when we pick with Denver's pick.

I don't know about that. But I'm very confident he can be a successful nba point guard. Dude has a calming influence on the court. He's what a coach would want in a point guard.

I don't know about that. But I'm very confident he can be a successful nba point guard. Dude has a calming influence on the court. He's what a coach would want in a point guard.

Ennis' poise and consistency for a freshman are remarkable. He plays like a senior. He's also a very underrated defender and shooter. There's no doubt in my mind I'd rather have him instead of Smart as our PG, if given the option.

Speaking of Syracuse, I also really like Grant. Dude can just play and is crazy athletic.

Ennis' poise and consistency for a freshman are remarkable. He plays like a senior. He's also a very underrated defender and shooter. There's no doubt in my mind I'd rather have him instead of Smart as our PG, if given the option.

Speaking of Syracuse, I also really like Grant. Dude can just play and is crazy athletic.

Mike Conley! That's who ennis is similar to. At least out of current players.

Wiggins looked good last night. Hopefully he's hit his stride now and this is what we can expect to see on a more consistent basis.

...still want Exum though.

Wiggins looked good last night. Hopefully he's hit his stride now and this is what we can expect to see on a more consistent basis.

...still want Exum though.

What does it for you on Exum? I always enjoy reading what you write on possible draft players (as I do not get to see that much college ball), but I do not understand what Exum actually has done to warrant being a top 5 candidate. He screams red flag in my opinion, had one not to bad tournament and then thats all we get to see. This is coming from an Aussie as well.

What does it for you on Exum? I always enjoy reading what you write on possible draft players (as I do not get to see that much college ball), but I do not understand what Exum actually has done to warrant being a top 5 candidate. He screams red flag in my opinion, had one not to bad tournament and then thats all we get to see. This is coming from an Aussie as well.

He really does scream red flag. We've barely seen any of him compared to other top prospects and he's never faced regular competition as good as the others either.

In spite of that, what I've seen of him I've really liked (and I may be a little caught up in the hype surrounding him). He's a 6'6 guard with an explosive first step; he's very quick laterally and has the length to bother shots, get into passing lanes and grab boards on both ends. He's unselfish and sees the floor pretty well and even has a bit of a post game. He's not a good shooter and turns the ball over more than I'd like but I think he can cut down on the turnovers with experience and other guards (John Wall, Derrick Rose) had bad jump shots when they came into the league.

Exum is the guy I can see every GM who passed on him regretting it, or alternatively if I'm wrong it will probably cost the GM who drafted him his job but, that said, something about him just makes me think he's going to be great.

Also he has a cool name and he's apparently friends with Oladipo.

If you want to know more here's an article about him (which contains a video of interviews with him and people who know him)

LINK

And here's a run down of his strengths and weaknesses as of September:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSadteflk9Y