LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

The top two seem to be separating from the pack a bit. Anyone want to consider trade scenarios that could get us another pick that involves Nik? Or do you not take Embiid if he's available?

The top two seem to be separating from the pack a bit. Anyone want to consider trade scenarios that could get us another pick that involves Nik? Or do you not take Embiid if he's available?

With Embiid, I think I'd take him at #1 if he continues to improve and then look to flip Vooch. I think the Celtics, Cavs, and Lakers would be interested in Vooch for their top pick, given that all of them have a bent to win now. That'd be a good problem to have. I'd also be delighted to pick Wiggins or Parker and keep Vooch.

I will say this about the Magic. We're twice the team with Vooch in the line-up. The point being, I think great centers are necessary for winning and very hard to come by.

I want Exum. Embiid is still my #1 prospect because there's no substitute for a big man who can do what he can do but failing that I want Exum. I like Wiggins, I like Jabari and I like Smart but I don't really want any of them compared to the other 2. I may come back to regret it, maybe it'll turn out that he's all hype, but if not I think he could be a truly dominant player.

With Embiid, I think I'd take him at #1 if he continues to improve and then look to flip Vooch. I think the Celtics, Cavs, and Lakers would be interested in Vooch for their top pick, given that all of them have a bent to win now. That'd be a good problem to have. I'd also be delighted to pick Wiggins or Parker and keep Vooch.

I will say this about the Magic. We're twice the team with Vooch in the line-up. The point being, I think great centers are necessary for winning and very hard to come by.

That's the best case scenario though. What if Embiid takes a while to develop? How long do you wait to see if Embiid is better than Vooch?

Draft Embiid, play Vuc at the 4.

Again I don't get to see much of him play but if Embiid is fast it's possible but if you're going to play a slow half court post up game (ie. Memphis) then that won't suit Oladipo.

For me the dream draft is Wiggins and Ennis. There would be so much versatility in that potential lineup

Ennis

Oladipo

Wiggins

?

Vuc

You bring Harris off the bench and he can sub in at the 3 or 4. Victor can slide to 1 and Wiggins can slide to the 2. If we went out and traded for a guy like Terrence Rosss he can play the 2 and 3. Obviousl you need a 4 in there, ideally a guy like Ibaka who can play the 4 or 5

That looks great. Don't forget about the defense of Oladipo and Wiggins. I think we could start:

Ennis

Oladipo

Wiggins

Harris

Vooch

That looks great. Don't forget about the defense of Oladipo and Wiggins. I think we could start:

Ennis

Oladipo

Wiggins

Harris

Vooch

That does look great on paper but the one problem I have is Oladipo, Wiggins and Harris are guys who want to get out and run in transition and make plays in the open court whereas Ennis is much more of a half court PG. He's not really a guy who pushes the pace all too much from what I've seen of him, I think I read somewhere that fast break points are down a lot from last year for Syracuse. Much rather have a guy like Micic or Jahii Carson at that spot if we're rocking Dipo/Wiggins/Harris at the 2/3/4.

Tyler Ennis now #10 on Ford's Big Board:

Ennis is the hottest name in scouting circles at the moment. There's very little that's sexy about his game, but he's one of the most dependable, sure-handed freshman I've ever seen. He has led his team to a perfect record and the No. 2 ranking in the country. He has a 4-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio, shoots 40 percent from 3-point range, and averages 2.5 steals a game. With so many NBA teams in dire need of a point guard, Ennis is beginning to look like a lock to go high in the draft.

http://insider.espn....as-debuts-no-14