LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Carson has close to Nate Robinson hops however. I could see him being a Ty Lawson analog if his three point percentages this year are legit. He's a great candidate for our second 1st round pick if we don't chose Exum or Smart.

I was thinking the same. He's shooting 50+% from 3 this year, is lightning quick in the open court and sees the floor really well for a small guard.

Are we all sleeping on Gordon? Dude seems like the perfect match for Henny's culture.

Upside: Blake Griffin (with defense)?

Downside: Young Shawn Marion?

In my opinion, Gordon won't be a star. He reminds me a lot of Harkless actually. Harkless was a wing who ended up playing the 4/5, Gordon is a 4 who wants to be a 3. Neither can shoot, neither can handle the ball very well and both are gifted athletes (Gordon is a more explosive leaper). Realistically I think Gordon is probably a Kenneth Faried type player. If he does become a star I could see him being a less chucking Josh Smith.

In my opinion, Gordon won't be a star. He reminds me a lot of Harkless actually. Harkless was a wing who ended up playing the 4/5, Gordon is a 4 who wants to be a 3. Neither can shoot, neither can handle the ball very well and both are gifted athletes (Gordon is a more explosive leaper). Realistically I think Gordon is probably a Kenneth Faried type player. If he does become a star I could see him being a less chucking Josh Smith.

What I like is his youth, hunger and team-centered mentality. It'll be interesting to see where he goes in June. I don't want him with our first pick, but I'd maybe be interested in moving up to snag him with our second pick. He seems to have that "x" or glue factor.

I didn't realize Forbes was a sports magazine.

“There’s zero chance of any team taking anybody before Jabari Parker,” says an Eastern Conference personnel guy. “And there’s zero chance of any team taking Wiggins before Joel Embiid.”

Deep as this draft class is, its star quotient is another question. Setting aside comparisons to LeBron James and Durant, who are beyond anyone on the horizon, no one in this class is as highly regarded as No. 1 picks Anthony Davis (2012), Kyrie Irving (2011), John Wall (2010), Blake Griffin (2009) or Derrick Rose (2008).

“If you called the Pelicans, the Cavs or any of those teams and offered this year’s first pick for their guy, they’d fall over laughing,” says a Western Conference personnel guy.

http://www.forbes.co...rent-that-good/

I think Exum could be as good as, or possibly even better than, Wall and Kyrie.

I agree. But let's define what kyrie and wall are. They are talented offensive players who can be number one options on offense but not the most talented players on their team. They can take a well built team to the playoffs but not a championship. They are all stars but not all nba.