LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

I'm back!

Glad to be back after a lengthy absence from a changed email address, but was lurking most of the day and want to thank you all for the lurking entertainment.

I also had my heart set on Exum or Smart, but I come away satisfied with our Gordon/Payton combo. Glad that we don't have to worry about Embiid's back/foot/bolting to the Lakers, glad we don't have Saric stashed overseas either. It's worth two draft picks to me to have Payton instead of Saric never coming over here!

I still don't get that Aaron Afflalo trade at all, but I'll give Henny a solid B today. We'll see if these guys pan out down the road, only time will tell.

Go Magic~! (thanks Dan)

Gordan " i want to be defensive player of the year "

Funny moment was when the woman said we also accquired payton

Gordan " we have Elfrid on our team?? OH MY GOD!!! THATS ABSOLUTELY INCREDILBLE MAN "

Gordan " when me and elfrid are paired up in 2 on 2s we get wins "

• Upvote 2

The people that hated Otis forget the 2008/2009 team we had.

The 2010 team was much better. We had no business losing to Boston.

Anyway, I like Gordon. Just came out of left field, so I was a bit stunned, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. He's a great athlete who plays defense. Hopefully he can blossom into a great player. People say we drafted a role player, but that's insulting to thie kid's potential. i'd say he's a solid role player at worst.

Maybe he can find a jumpshot in there

Yeah, nobody ever gets better at those.

Find me a single player who shot in the 40s from the free throw line in college that became a decent NBA shooter.

Maybe Tuesday.

Find me a single player who shot in the 40s from the free throw line in college that became a decent NBA shooter.

you're exaggerating a bit (he shot around 60%) but that's not my biggest problem with him. We gave up a good amount to get him, so if he doesn't pan out it'll be a clear setback.

you're exaggerating a bit (he shot around 60%) but that's not my biggest problem with him. We gave up a good amount to get him, so if he doesn't pan out it'll be a clear setback.

You're talking about two different players, he's referring to Gordon's 42%. Payton shot 60%.