LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

@DraftExpress: At #56, Orlando selects Devyn Marble from Iowa. 6-6 versatile wing who can do a little bit of everything. Young for a senior. Nice pick.

we gave up two picks for Payton. Since when is a #10 pick worth that much? He better be the next Gary Payton...

Those picks were protected and not really that good. You need to learn the details before you complain.

Gordon was a smart pick at 4. Great athlete and defender. Gives the team a great sense of versatility. Able to play the 3 or 4 in the nba. Can step up to defender the pick n roll or slide back to protect the rim. One of those who guys who just gets it and knows how to play. Will need to improve his shot but its not far off to think he can be a decent 3 pt shooter in a few years. With his skill set decent is all he needs. Also Hennigen great roster flexibility because he can play with anyone. So if we are able to land a top fa he can take on a myriad of rolls to compliment that player.

Great post. Most people won't read this and will continue to complain.

Been watching a lot of Payton's video. This guy is nasty and his shot is fixable. Its not broken at all. Everything else is there..his passing, creation, first step. Honestly as good as any Exum film I have seen.

His defense is ridiculous. The way he gets through screens and bodies up his man is just sick. He can easily guard the 2.

Dealing with him and oladipo and gordon will be hell for opponents.

Those picks were protected and not really that good. You need to learn the details before you complain.

yea i know the protections. We give them a 2nd round pick from next year (no protections) and basically give back Phillys 1st round pick we got from the D12 trade. Does that sound like a wise use of assets to you?

yea i know the protections. We give them a 2nd round pick from next year (no protections) and basically give back Phillys 1st round pick we got from the D12 trade. Does that sound like a wise use of assets to you?

Maybe

Marble is a longshot to make the team, but if we do have a d-league affiliate this year it's possible we could stash him there.

From what I can see he's super inconsistent but put up some good games against the likes of ohio state, michigan, and michigan state.

Maybe

IF we erase Elfrid Payton's name and just call him player X (and call Saric player Y), does giving up a future 1st round pick (from a team that is heavily invested into the future i.e. good chance to be ours) and a 2nd round pick represent the value to pick two spots higher? that is my question.