LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

with a 4-6 month recovery, I'd take Embiid if Wiggins/Parker/Exum are gone by 4.

I'm sayin'....Riding through Orlando today on the way to Jacksonville espn 580 guys (not anez) interviewing some Jason dude...guessing he is a sports anchor for tv said he didn't think if he was Henny he would risk it.

They were talking about the hotseat Henny is now on and what a tough decision that could fall on his lap.

I think I'd do it to, Nyce but it's easy for me to say because I'm not Hennigan.

upon doing more research into this embiid situation, my concerns continue to lower.

his back injury is not a disk issue, as long as he was given the proper amount of time to rehab, he has almost no risk of re-injuring it.

his foot....once again this issue is about allowing him enough time to rehab and rest, so the bone heals correctly. if the magic are willing to be patient and allow him to sit most of the year he should recover from it without recurring issues but that is only assuming he's had no prior history of feet problems. Yao ming had a LONG history of feet problems before he got this injury

at 4, he is simply by far the best prospect that will be available. i don't get the vonleh love, on tape he doesn't jump out at you at all other than defending pick and rolls well. he is slow off his feet if you ask me

I 100% don't want any part of Embiid. Nyce and Junkie, please step away from your keyboards… you are losing your flippin' minds!!!

I really hope we can somehow get Wiggins or Parker … or get two picks in the top 7-8.

2015 unprotected 1st pick + AA for JAZZ 5th, then take Smart

trade Vuc to LA or Boston and snag Aaron Gordon.

use 4th pick on Embiid.

use 12th pick to get a backup guard

Center = Embiid

PF = AG

SF = Harris

SG = VO

PG = Smart

who says no?

I do

upon doing more research into this embiid situation, my concerns continue to lower.

his back injury is not a disk issue, as long as he was given the proper amount of time to rehab, he has almost no risk of re-injuring it.

his foot....once again this issue is about allowing him enough time to rehab and rest, so the bone heals correctly. if the magic are willing to be patient and allow him to sit most of the year he should recover from it without recurring issues but that is only assuming he's had no prior history of feet problems. Yao ming had a LONG history of feet problems before he got this injury

at 4, he is simply by far the best prospect that will be available. i don't get the vonleh love, on tape he doesn't jump out at you at all other than defending pick and rolls well. he is slow off his feet if you ask me

If we draft him we have to 'Noel' him and give him the entire year to recover. It's a risky move and it's a tough pill to swallow but if he returns healthy it could be well worth it. Of course it could also blow up in our faces and set the franchise back for years.

I think Henny is a risk taker (I could see him taking Exum first overall for instance) but not when it comes to injuries. We are in a hell of a spot now. If we do draft Embiid I think it almost forces us to deal AA for a lotto pick in the 7-9 range. Doing so would allow us to leave this draft with say Embiid/Randle/and Payton and gives us some added talent for the upcoming year while Embiid recovers and potentially sets us up to be very competitive in 2015-16. Randle would be a perfect next to Embiid and allow us to sign and trade Vuc if we want to try and make a splash in FA next summer also. I mean this whole situation is completely crazy, we could literally go any direction at this point.

i really dont want a grant hill situation. we waited so long to get a player on the court and he never makes it. henni has said in the past you dont take bigs with red flags. he passed on byum and lopez. he will pass on embiid.

i see smart or noah in orlando.

i just wish noah had more basketball awareness. I see some andrew nicholson in him on defense.

I think when it's all said and done, They're going to stay at #4 and use Afflalo and #12 to get back into the top 8.

Maybe Smart at #4 and Gordon at #7. Then sign a shooter like Jodie Meeks or Anthony Morrow in free agency.

I agree, they'll most certainly want the 4th instead of the 12th. However, they really need some veteran players. Bynum didn't work out and Deng/Hawes may or may not return. That leaves them with a broken down Varejao and Jack. Factor in the rumored friction between Irving and Waiters, and the not so spectacular debut by Bennett, and I truly believe Rob would be able to sell them on the idea of taking back some vets/proven players with the 12 pick. Let's say the trade was 12/AA/Vuc/Future 1st

Irving/Jack

AA/Waiters

Possibly you know who

Thompson or Bennett

Vuc/Zeller

Or they can play AA at the three and go after Stephenson in FA

Sounds better to me than..

Irving/Jack

Waiters

Wiggins or Parker

Thompson or Bennett

Varejao/Zeller

I've read they plan to shop both Waiters and Thompson, so it appears they aren't thrilled with either. They aren't going to draft Parker or Wiggins and still go after Lebron if he opts out. Sure, they could use Parker at PF, but what does that mean for Bennett?

They have a group of young talent they don't appear to be very fond of. My personal opinion is that acquiring proven players, the 12th pick, and a future first will work out better for them than taking yet another young player to muddy up the waters even more.

I would not do any deal with Vooch in it. No way am I trading away a double double 7 footer who plays in the post and outside.

• Upvote 3

I think when it's all said and done, They're going to stay at #4 and use Afflalo and #12 to get back into the top 8.

Maybe Smart at #4 and Gordon at #7. Then sign a shooter like Jodie Meeks or Anthony Morrow in free agency.

We'd be an hell of a defensive team.

After thinking, just keep the 4 and ride it out (can't believe I'm saying this). I know trading up won't happen so I'm just dealing with it. Get Smart, get another lottery pick, maybe pick Randle or Vonleh (prefer Randle) and get another baller, maybe an international player with the 12th pick. In 2016, court Durant.