LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Elaborate, please....I just think the Magic need scoring....Offense last year was poor....Payton and Dipo are great athletes but not great shooters...I like the fit of Shabazz better...Same thing Ford was saying today.

He can score. He can shoot. If we wanted a pg to bring off of the bench to freak out the other team (exactly like patty mills in the finals) that's who shabazz is.

At 12 I want a starter. Especially in this draft.

And Durant liked osbey. 12th is a reach for Napier. Even LaVine would be a better I idea than Napier. Napier will not be in the lottery, hence the reason Miami may get him.

my choice is payton.

I'm not the biggest Lavine fan but you'd have to think we'd take him or Ennis at #12 before you took Napier.

I could be wrong but Napier seems like a Brandon Knight type PG at best where Lavine is like Westbrook type player.

I wasn't sure who mentioned it before but I see us taking Smart at #4 and maybe using #12 to move up or down to grab Randle or Payne.

He can score. He can shoot. If we wanted a pg to bring off of the bench to freak out the other team (exactly like patty mills in the finals) that's who shabazz is.

At 12 I want a starter. Especially in this draft.

This.

If Napier maxes his potential, he's brandon Jennings.

I'm shocked. So many people were against jameer for so many years for the same issues that Napier has.

I love Napier for what he did for uconn and I think he can stick in this league but his future isn't "top 15 point guard in the nba".

Jameer was a midget....Isn't Napier like 6'1"....6'2" ???...On top of Napier's offense he creates havoc on defense...He defense in the NCAA tournament was off the chain....Opposing PG's couldn't even get their teams into an offense because of his quickness.

Jameer was a midget....Isn't Napier like 6'1"....6'2" ???...On top of Napier's offense he creates havoc on defense...He defense in the NCAA tournament was off the chain....Opposing PG's couldn't even get their teams into an offense because of his quickness.

that 6'1 that he's listed at is very likely more in the 5'11 maayyybe 6' range. He's got a couple inches on Jameer, but is still too limited physically to be counted on to be our PG of the future going forward. The league is getting more and more big PGs like Westbrook/MCW/Exum and Napier simply doesnt have the size to guard those guys.

Standing right in front of Jameer at 6'0 myself, I know damn well he's been a starter in the NBA at barely 5'9-5'10 (AT Most), more like 5'8 I think. So yeah Napier's Height is no issue, I have no issue with him at 12 if they like him that much...it's much like when my Seahawks draft, take the highest on your board, not everyone elses board. Picks may look like a reach to some, but then turn out great.

Just because Lavine or Ennis is higher on Chad Ford's board then Napier doesn't mean squat. Napier could end up being better than every other pg besides Exum, or he could be awful. I'm confident our Front Office is very sure who they want to take and where they all rank.

junkie is legitimately ignoring the assessment of a UCONN fan who has watched every game in preference for his own analysis derived from the national title game alone. amazing.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know if the Draft stats @ 7:00p or if that's just the pre-draft show? I've seen some things say 7 and others say 7:30.

Does anyone know if the Draft stats @ 7:00p or if that's just the pre-draft show? I've seen some things say 7 and others say 7:30.

Coverage starts at 7, draft starts at 730

junkie is legitimately ignoring the assessment of a UCONN fan who has watched every game in preference for his own analysis derived from the national title game alone. amazing.

But, but, but.....I thought you didn't want me to have an opinion , lol......I tell ya what....Let's just call it a Junkiieism...Ya, I like that .

• Upvote 1