LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Rockets have a deal in place to send Omer Asik to the Pelicans, sources tell ESPN

The Pelicans will send the Rockets their first round pick in 2015 for Asik

@BillSimmons

According to @chadfordinsider - the Cavs got offered 4, 12 + Afflalo for 1 and didn't immediately say "Yes please?" That happened????

Rockets have a deal in place to send Omer Asik to the Pelicans, sources tell ESPN

That's a scary frontcourt defensively for New Orleans. Add Anderson off the bench and they look pretty solid.

Didn't they trade a first rounder for Jrue already?

I don't buy this. Sorry, I just don't. Not the Wiggins wouldn't be great part, just the "they had visions of Wiggins and tanked for him" part. And now were willing to mortgage the entire team, for Wiggins? Nah, not buying it. You lost credibility with me when you did the hard sell for Vonleh, which quickly changed to the Embiid sell, which has now morphed into the trade the entire team for Wiggins, I wanted this all along nonsense. It's not happening, nor should it

Oh no I lost credibility with you. Im crushed. Im not doing any sell. Guess what -its the draft. things change on a daily basis. The Magic could easily still take Vonleh if they stay at 4. He is a great fit for the team, and they like him. But Wiggins has been the top guy on their board and if they can get them they will do it.

Do you really think the Magic did not tank this season?

When you tank do you think you are happy with the 4th pick?

Who Is "I" (wanted this all along)

Why did they play Victor at PG when they had a starter in Jameer?

Since when is trading two picks and a guy they have been shopping for a year "trading the entire team"?

Please tell me one Insider, analyst, GM or anyone who has not changed their viewpoint on the draft since the process began. I guess according to you they have all lost credibility.

Do you think the Magic only have one plan? they have tons of scenarios they are working on. the best one for the team, the franchise, and the fan base is to get Wiggins. He will sell tickets, and he and Victor together is a scary tandem.

Didn't they trade a first rounder for Jrue already?

True, does anybody know the rule on trading draft picks once the draft is over though? Does the no trading consecutive draft picks still apply then or no? If not that might be why the deal is only "in place" now and won't happen until after the draft.

@Chris_Broussard

Rockets clearing cap room to make run at LeBron or Melo. With James Harden as potential sign&trade, they could land both to team w/Dwight

This guy must smoke some different drug....lol

@BillSimmons

According to @chadfordinsider - the Cavs got offered 4, 12 + Afflalo for 1 and didn't immediately say "Yes please?" That happened????

Wouldn't we at least get Waiters or Thompson, too? Come on baby