LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

LOL I will NEVER forget Junkie calling Spain to track down Fran

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Did I really do that.....???.....Damn, I still remember my phone bill after trying to track that wimp down !!!

Hey Nyce, you remember the time I called you about midnight giving you Denton's scoop after he had just gotten home from the summer league ???....You posted all the info because I was sick and the thread blew to enormous proportions even in the middle of the night, lol.

Good times, man....

• Upvote 2

Did I really do that.....???.....Damn, I still remember my phone bill after trying to track that wimp down !!!

Hey Nyce, you remember the time I called you about midnight giving you Denton's scoop after he had just gotten home from the summer league ???....You posted all the info because I was sick and the thread blew to enormous proportions even in the middle of the night, lol.

Good times, man....

LOL we're some crazy-ass die-hard fans. International calls to Spain to track down a player and midnight calls to break news on a message board. SMH

• Upvote 2

. You need a wing and Nik Stauskas, Gary Harris and James Young are all on the board. Who do you take?

Bilas: I take Gary Harris, even though Young is the longer and bigger athlete. Although smaller at 6-foot-4, Harris is tough, gets to the basket in transition and off the bounce, and can shoot it from range or off the dribble. He is a good guard rebounder and an excellent individual defender that has a football mentality. Harris has had some injuries, but stayed healthy this past season. Stauskas is the best shooter, and his special NBA skill may win out in the long run. Young just oozes potential. The lefty has deep range, length and he can get to the rim and finish, something he probably underutilized at Kentucky. Another tough call, and you could make a fair case for any one of the three.

Ford: I agree with Jay that this is a very tough call. Young probably has the most upside because of his size advantage. Stauskas already has two elite NBA skills -- he can shoot it from anywhere and he has the confidence to take that shot from anywhere. But it's Harris's ability to get it done on both ends that gives him the advantage to me. Basketball is played on on both ends and Harris plays and plays hard on both ends of the floor. I think his shooting inconsistencies this year were an anomaly. I think he makes up for his lack of elite size with quickness and athleticism. And I think Harris has the potential to be a point guard. While I think it's very close between Stauskas and Harris -- I'd lean Harris too.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/story/_/id/11037884/2014-nba-draft-chad-ford-jay-bilas-debate-parker-wiggins-best-long-term?ex_cid=InsiderTwitter_FordBilas_BestLongTermNo1Pick

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA

The Magic continue to work out PGs. They've worked out Marcus Smart, and they'll work out Tyler Ennis and Elfrid Payton over next few days.

Here's Dennis Lindsey (Jazz GM) on SVP & Russillo: http://espn.kall700sports.com/dennis-lindsey-on-svp-russillo-utah-jazz-gm-6-3-14/

In the first few minutes, he bring up Orlando & Rob, and thinks what we're willing to do at #12 affects what we do at #4. Also says our pick dictates how the rest of the lotto plays out.

Brian K. Schmitz ‏@MagicInsider

Julius Randle expected to work out for Orlando next week, Marcus Smart this weekend for 2nd time. Dante Exum yet to work out for Magic.

Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins

Guard Xavier Thames of San Diego State recently completed a workout for the Orlando Magic in Orlando.

Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins

Magic work out/interview as many draft prospects as possible -- for this year's draft but also to prep for possible moves down the line

Going to try to keep track of prospects we work out just for reference, so far reports say we have/will work out:

Marcus Smart x2

Rodney Hood

Nick Johnson

Noah Vonleh

Tyler Ennis

Julius Randle

Aaron Gordon

Dante Exum

UPDATE:

Elfrid Payton

Josh Huestis

Xavier Thames

Huestis is a strange one, probably with a view to bringing him in as an UFA or if we acquire a late 2nd round pick.

Huestis is a strange one, probably with a view to bringing him in as an UFA or if we acquire a late 2nd round pick.

Where did you see Huestis worked out/will work out for us?

Where did you see Huestis worked out/will work out for us?

Zach Links

‏@ZachLinks

Source: #Stanford F Josh Huestis worked out for the #Knicks this week & is working out for the #Magic today #NBA #NBADraft

• Upvote 1

Ball junkie, if Young, Stauskas, and Harris are all on the board at 12 I think you take them in the order I listed them. IMO it's pretty close between Young and Stauskas because I feel both will end up having above average pro careers. Young probably has the most potential but Stauskas would contribute a lot sooner with his shooting ability. In saying that, it's no secret that I'm not high on Harris. TBH I'd take Lavine, Payne, and Payton before I would Harris at #12.