LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

I called Smart couple of days ago. Took a beating for it too. My question is, and this goes to mainly the poster from Portugal who said "glad your not the GM" and those who liked it, how does your opinions of Rob change if he selects Smart over your man crush Exum at 4?

who was your comment towards?

I dont think we take smart 4th. I think we trade up from 12th to get him.

It has been said that exum may be gone before we select, so there also would be

a need to look out side the 4th pick for a different option.

I called Smart couple of days ago. Took a beating for it too. My question is, and this goes to mainly the poster from Portugal who said "glad your not the GM" and those who liked it, how does your opinions of Rob change if he selects Smart over your man crush Exum at 4?

This is one of the biggest "look at me" posts I've ever seen. My God...

• Upvote 2

who was your comment towards?

I dont think we take smart 4th. I think we trade up from 12th to get him.

It has been said that exum may be gone before we select, so there also would be

a need to look out side the 4th pick for a different option.

It was directed towards Mauero. He'll be throwing something my way soon.

I would love to trade up from 12 to get him my only concern with that strategy is that if Rob has felt now for 2 years that Smart was his guy for this team, do you really think he risks trying to trade up and possibly miss out on him? It's funny how upset people get when you bring up smart. I for one have no clue if he will better than Exum. I also have no idea if Exum will be better than Smart. I personally feel much more confident in the guy that Rob chooses for this team considering he's done more than watch YouTube videos and read up on mock draft websites about who we should take. Which is all me or any of you have done.

Where are all the members that loved Smart a year ago? Your dreams may becoming true.

This is one of the biggest "look at me" posts I've ever seen. My God...

And thanks for doing so. But really, it wasn't. But when I get put on blast for saying something, obviously hearing that we're bringing Smart in for a second workout makes me feel good. And apparently makes the majority of the members here feel bad. Especially those who have Exum photos on their Sig. Any Penn State players getting drafted this year?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Scott Anez of ESPN Radio Orlando briefly mentioning Exum today and saying that "IF" the Magic draft him that PG is the hardest position in the NBA to learn....Saying a guy like Exum that is talented yet so young, skinny and playing against the weaker competition he has played against for the majority of his career that it will take him 3, 4 possibly even 5 years to really become adept at it.

Said if the Magic draft Exum that it is a sure sign Jameer Nelson will be kept around for a much longer time for obvious reasons.

Speaking of the great Austrailian.....We are about 3 weeks away from the draft....Has he or is he planning on working out for anybody ????

I'm all ears for anyone who can pass on info for the last question.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Scott Anez of ESPN Radio Orlando briefly mentioning Exum today and saying that "IF" the Magic draft him that PG is the hardest position in the NBA to learn....Saying a guy like Exum that is talented yet so young, skinny and playing against the weaker competition he has played against for the majority of his career that it will take him 3, 4 possibly even 5 years to really become adept at it.

Said if the Magic draft Exum that it is a sure sign Jameer Nelson will be kept around for a much longer time for obvious reasons.

Speaking of the great Austrailian.....We are about 3 weeks away from the draft....Has he or is he planning on working out for anybody ????

I'm all ears for anyone who can pass on info for the last question.....

The top 4 guys won't do any workouts until mid-june.

As for learning the PG position, I agree that it takes most players a few years to learn it. However, that learning curve can be shortened with a good teacher and hard work. Vic is a dependable PG after just 1 year. Exum is said to have the same work ethic, but he also has natural PG skills, so I'd have zero doubt he's be just as good, if not better, after year 1.

A huge part of me hopes more and more every day that we draft Exum and he becomes a stud. Not just for our Magic, but for the crow some of our more offensive, conceited, self-centered posters would have to eat.

And to more important things, random thought. Would there be any reason or any possibility of Exum and Smart? I think no, just cause Vic is too small for the 3, but just bringing up a topic that involves are two biggest draft interests.

• Upvote 1

Sure, it will take time to learn to be an NBA point guard. However, if he is as good as the hype surrounding him suggests then he is a pure player and should step right in and contribute in a meaningful way regardless of positional learning curve.

Video of Kings workout featuring Smart, Vonleh, Payton, and Ennis.

This may be over-analyzing but Payton and Vonleh seem to have very slow releases on their J's while Smart seems to have a quicker release. That Moreland cat has ugly form, and Ennis' resembles Steph's release to me. But, its a 5 minute video...

• Upvote 1