LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Not sure if he is from LA originally, but I know he went to UCLA. I agree that AA next to a healthy Kobe shores them up, but everyone seems to think they are after a PG.

Yes Afflalo is originally from LA. Born and raised in CA

I want to say he's from Compton which is a pretty rough part of LA.

I know it is a super young core, but if the Magic can get Exum/Gordon (via trading AA) and then a SF like Hood, I think the team would have such a great foundation that attracting a top FA in 2015 would not be too difficult.

I love Exum, but lets be honest - he is a project and will take some time to develop. Heck all of them will besides Parker, who I expect to win ROY if I had to make the earliest guess ever at a meaningless award.

My point is - why keep Afllallo around for this? We are going to give Exum major minutes if we get him and as a result will lose games while he learns the process.

I believe this Magic team will be better even with 3 rookies just because last years team had no playmakers (victor was too raw - missed way too many shots and layups). Exum is a true playmaker, and I think Hood could be a nice compliment to that with his shooting. He can keep the floor spread so Dipo can further develop and be playmaker #2.

Now you have gordon who puts on some size and develops into your defensive playmaker.

I just like the balance of that lineup - especially with Harris and Harkless as well.

Thats just an insanely athletic and fast group of players.

Not sure if it will happen, but it's interesting to think about.

I know it is a super young core, but if the Magic can get Exum/Gordon (via trading AA) and then a SF like Hood, I think the team would have such a great foundation that attracting a top FA in 2015 would not be too difficult.

I love Exum, but lets be honest - he is a project and will take some time to develop. Heck all of them will besides Parker, who I expect to win ROY if I had to make the earliest guess ever at a meaningless award.

My point is - why keep Afllallo around for this? We are going to give Exum major minutes if we get him and as a result will lose games while he learns the process.

I believe this Magic team will be better even with 3 rookies just because last years team had no playmakers (victor was too raw - missed way too many shots and layups). Exum is a true playmaker, and I think Hood could be a nice compliment to that with his shooting. He can keep the floor spread so Dipo can further develop and be playmaker #2.

Now you have gordon who puts on some size and develops into your defensive playmaker.

I just like the balance of that lineup - especially with Harris and Harkless as well.

Thats just an insanely athletic and fast group of players.

Not sure if it will happen, but it's interesting to think about.

The beauty of it all is that even though our team is very young they still have a pretty good amount of game experience. Vucevic, Harris, and Harkless are going on their 3rd and 4th years but they've played a substantial amount of minutes.

Latest mock on bleacher has us selecting Exum at #4, and trading Afflalo and #12 with Utah for #5, leading us to select Vonleh at #5.

I'd be happy if that deal happened. It would give us a talented line up:

Exum

Oladipo

Harris/Harkless

Vonleh

Vucevic

Tons of potential in that line up. I think it would be a good deal to make.

Going to try to keep track of prospects we work out just for reference, so far reports say we have/will work out:

Marcus Smart

Rodney Hood

Nick Johnson

Noah Vonleh

Tyler Ennis

Latest mock on bleacher has us selecting Exum at #4, and trading Afflalo and #12 with Utah for #5, leading us to select Vonleh at #5.

I'd be happy if that deal happened. It would give us a talented line up:

Exum

Oladipo

Harris/Harkless

Vonleh

Vucevic

Tons of potential in that line up. I think it would be a good deal to make.

I can't find this on Bleacher, do you have a link?

Going to try to keep track of prospects we work out just for reference, so far reports say we have/will work out:

Marcus Smart

Rodney Hood

Nick Johnson

Noah Vonleh

Tyler Ennis

where did you see Ennis workout?

where did you see Ennis workout?

Ryan Wolstat @WolstatSun · 21h

Brampton’s Melvin Ejim will workout for the Raptors on June 4th. Tyler Ennis has workouts in Sacramento, L.A. (Lakers) + Orlando on deck.

Not sure the credibility tbh.

• Upvote 1