LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Embiid refusing MIL could very well mean that he feels he has CLE locked up. Has he agreed to anything with PHI?

No way he has someone locked up this early. Refusing to show Milwaukee the medical records simply means that his agent doesn't want him playing there. Considering his agent is representing both him and Wiggins (from my understanding), I only see this as being beneficial with his agent KNOWING Wiggins is being taken first. If Embiid were to be taken first, then that relegates Wiggins to Milwaukee, something his agent would clearly also not want.

No way he has someone locked up this early. Refusing to show Milwaukee the medical records simply means that his agent doesn't want him playing there. Considering his agent is representing both him and Wiggins (from my understanding), I only see this as being beneficial with his agent KNOWING Wiggins is being taken first. If Embiid were to be taken first, then that relegates Wiggins to Milwaukee, something his agent would clearly also not want.

Embiid's agent is Jabari's agent not Wiggins. Arn Tellem represents Embiid and Parker, Bill Duffy represents Wiggins.

Embiid's agent is Jabari's agent not Wiggins. Arn Tellem represents Embiid and Parker, Bill Duffy represents Wiggins.

So does that all but guarantee that Milwaukee with draft Exum so that they won't have to deal with Parker/Embiid's agent blacklisting them?

So does that all but guarantee that Milwaukee with draft Exum so that they won't have to deal with Parker/Embiid's agent blacklisting them?

Well it should be noted that Arn Tellem represents Brandon Knight who currently plays for the Bucks. Honestly I have no idea what's going on. Right now I couldn't tell even have a good guess at the top 4 order with all these "reports" surfacing every day.

No way do we have enough to trade them. It would require something along the lines of Oladipo, Vuc, and our pick. Asking price will be far too high. So unless we want to gut our rebuilding over the last 3 years in favor of Wiggins's potential, I just don't see it happening. Trading with Milwaukee to get Exum? Maybe. But no way we trade with Cleveland to get Wiggins.

You really think the asking price would be that high? Maybe if people were still trying to hype Wiggins as the next Lebron, but that theory got disproved awhile ago. I don't think we should deal with Cleveland either, but I have a feeling the Cavs won't be picking # 1 in a month, just not sure where they'll deal it to

It's not exactly early in the process anymore, I think we've entered the posturing stage of the draft but at the end of the day as long as Embiid's back checks out it seems there's little fanfare to be had at the top. I just hope PHI picks Parker over Exum at this point.

Is there any possible way #4 and #12 get us to number 2? MIL does need playerS. It'll be hard to pass on Wiggins but one can still hope.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 16m

Watching Joel Embiid in workout for league executives in Santa Monica. Impossible to imagine passing on him at No. 1.

It's not exactly early in the process anymore, I think we've entered the posturing stage of the draft but at the end of the day as long as Embiid's back checks out it seems there's little fanfare to be had at the top. I just hope PHI picks Parker over Exum at this point.

Is there any possible way #4 and #12 get us to number 2? MIL does need playerS. It'll be hard to pass on Wiggins but one can still hope.

There's no reason to give up #12, if Parker falls we'll happily draft him and be getting a relative steal at #4.

‏@WojYahooNBA

Watching Joel Embiid in workout for league executives in Santa Monica. Impossible to imagine passing on him at No. 1.

Haven't posted for a long time, but just wanted to chime in real quick on the draft.

First, I'm assuming that the draft order doesn't change, at least with respect to the top 4. Second, I'm assuming that Wiggins/Parker/Embiid/Exum are going to be the top 4 picks, in no particular order. That being said...

I was actually about to post about how there's no way we land anyone other than Exum, my opinion being based on the fact that Cleveland and Philly are likely not looking for a PG and it being highly unlikely that the Bucks would pass on two of Wiggins/Parker/Embiid. Perhaps they pass on Embiid because he (or his agent) don't like Milwaukee, but that still leaves either Wiggins or Parker, and from what I've read/heard (presumably all the same stuff as you guys) it doesn't seem like anyone is valuing Exum higher than Wiggins or Parker.

It then occurred to me that the Bucks have the Greek Freak. He's the same size, and I imagine plays the same position, as Wiggins and Parker, though I'm not sure. First, I thought I remember seeing Giannis in the skills challenge, a competition in which small forwards usually don't compete. Second, I never watched a Bucks game, but then again, who did? In addition, I'm assuming Giannis showed a lot of promise and potential, but again, never watched a Bucks game.

I'm now wondering if anyone thinks that the Bucks, faced with a choice between Wiggins/Parker or Exum, might say, we've got a lot of promise right now at the 3 spot, we'd rather take Dante Exum. I don't think it's very likely since, from what I understand, Brandon Knight is a decent point guard (again, never watched a Bucks game and I don't care to go look at Knight's stats right now, or ever). Maybe Exum would thrive at the 2 spot and it doesn't matter that they have Brandon Knight, who knows?

I'm still 99% sure that we'll end up with Exum, but I'm wondering if anyone really believes that the Bucks might take Exum over Wiggins/Parker, and why? Does Giannis factor in, or would they prefer Exum over Wiggins/Parker for some other reason, especially where they have Brandon Knight running point? I just can't see it happening, but it seems like some people consider it a possibility. Just wondering if there's any reason for such a belief aside from the notion that "Anything's Possible!" - Kevin Garnett.

‏@WojYahooNBA

No surprise there.