LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

If I may intrude, I'm having trouble comprehending this.

You had him at 10 since the start of the season. Then you actually had him at 8 but you personally realized this was too high and would only be possible if he impressed you (in other words, you still probably thought ~10 was fair). Then you assert that he is actually in the range of 11-15, most likely...

WHICH IS EXACTLY WHERE OUR PICK IS GOING TO FALL...

yet you went out of your way to single the guy out and leave a snide comment?

• Upvote 2

I must be in the minority too then. But god I hope there's an idiot of a gm who does draft Young top 10. That just means a better player for us at 13 or whatever.

What projected lotto picks scare you guys?

Smart, Randle, Vonleh, Cauley-Stein

The lottery are the top 14 picks right?

Randle, Cauley-Stein, Embiid, and McDermott

Here are my steals outside of the lottery:

1. Adreian Payne

2. James Young

3. Elfrid Payton

4. CleAnthony Early

5. Jordan Adams

That dunk by Young in the final was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen

Ha-Ha-Ha.....I'm sayin' lol....That guy can take it to the hole, shoot....If he wasn't playing with so many high school all-americans he'd have scored more....Those of you posting you like him with the 2nd pick I'm with you.....And he's such a good athlete he can be taught to play defense...."J.J. Redick anybody "

Soul, is there even a top 5 for anybody ???....Even the guys at the top have warts....Heck, I've been reading that Parker can't play anything but the "4" in the NBA....I know you've been reading about Wiggins and his warts....Embid has a bad back and I see him dropping....Randle supposedly will stuggle against taller players....Exum is a wildcard.

Anybody who thinks any of these players are gonna immediately lift their franchises to new heights are mistaken.

• Upvote 1

Ha-Ha-Ha.....I'm sayin' lol....That guy can take it to the hole, shoot....If he wasn't playing with so many high school all-americans he'd have scored more....Those of you posting you like him with the 2nd pick I'm with you.....And he's such a good athlete he can be taught to play defense...."J.J. Redick anybody "

Soul, is there even a top 5 for anybody ???....Even the guys at the top have warts....Heck, I've been reading that Parker can't play anything but the "4" in the NBA....I know you've been reading about Wiggins and his warts....Embid has a bad back and I see him dropping....Randle supposedly will stuggle against taller players....Exum is a wildcard.

Anybody who thinks any of these players are gonna immediately lift their franchises to new heights are mistaken.

And that's why you wear flip flops in the dorm showers.

The guy who scares me the most is Smart (or rather the idea of us drafting him). Safe picks are always the worst.

Sorry I didn't catch your comment; I have had Young around 10 since the very beginning of the season...actually I think I had him around 8 early (which is a little high unless he impresses more during the pre-draft process, explained later). I couldn't give a single, much less two dumps about what writers think on draft position so even if there was a link to post about him I wouldn't. But I am sure most conform to the thought he is a 11-15 range guy. So I believe it will depend on where the second pick ends up.

Perhaps it was a brash statement to say that makes one of you, but the point at the time I believe was that you were in the minority in your thought process. And really at the time it was a correct statement in that you were the one person here who stated otherwise. Young is a beast at scoring, if he can show defensive potential he would easily be a top 10 pick.

That's cool, you're absolutely entitled to your opinion. Just acknowledge that yours is actually the minority opinion (not vice versa)...the guy has been slotted in the late lottery to mid- first round all year and one very impressive dunk in the championship game doesn't change the fact that he shoots 40.2% from the floor and is a defensive liability. That said, I like Young a lot and do consider him a viable option with considerable upside with our second pick.