LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

What about this Clint Capala with our second pick? I know he's a euro but from what I've seen he seems high energy/athletic.

I know little about him but if he's an Ibaka type, I'm in.

Cameron (Toronto) [via mobile]

Would you consider Dante Exum a risk?

Chad Ford (1:40 PM)

Yes and no. The less information you have, the more a risk a player becomes. So in that sense, he's a risk. Many GMs won't have ever seen him play live and only on tape. On the other hand, he has incredible talent. Size, length, athleticism, basketball IQ. Can score and pass. How that translates from FIBA Under 19 play and Australian high school basketball to the NBA is a guess. But he seems to have all the tool (though he needs to improve that jumper). I'm not sure any GM has the guts to take him No. 1 -- especially with Wiggins and Parker and Embiid on the board. But they might. Lots of talent there.

"Seems" is the key word there for me....I said it before and I'll say it again.....Rob better do his homework before picking this guy....Magic aren't in the mode for making a mistake..

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/50371/nba-insider-chad-ford

• Upvote 1

"Seems" is the key word there for me....I said it before and I'll say it again.....Rob better do his homework before picking this guy....Magic aren't in the mode for making a mistake..

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/50371/nba-insider-chad-ford

I was expecting him to pick him without watching any second of tape or inviting him to a workout....

• Upvote 1

I was expecting him to pick him without watching any second of tape or inviting him to a workout....

Yeah. According to my inside source, Hennigan will write everyone's name on a slip of paper and pick two out of a hat. Saves lots of time/effort.

Yeah. According to my inside source, Hennigan will write everyone's name on a slip of paper and pick two out of a hat. Saves lots of time/effort.

I heard he was using a dartboard and letting an intern thrown the darts while blindfolded.

That dunk by Young in the final was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen

It was a great play, no doubt. I know Murphy13 agrees, so much so that he went as far as to say I was the only one who doesn't believe he is now out of range with our second pick. Still waiting to here back from him with links to any reputable analyst or mock draft that agrees with that analysis...

I heard he was using a dartboard and letting an intern thrown the darts while blindfolded.

Ah, the method I described was clearly his tactic in a previous year. You're right. The intern also has to do a keg stand and 10 of those spins with his head on a baseball bat prior to throwing the dart. If it lands on a Kentucky player he gets a do-over.

It was a great play, no doubt. I know Murphy13 agrees, so much so that he went as far as to say I was the only one who doesn't believe he is now out of range with our second pick. Still waiting to here back from him with links to any reputable analyst or mock draft that agrees with that analysis...

He will be in the range of our 2nd pick. You'll be waiting a while to receive such a link because it's not going to come.

Ah, the method I described was clearly his tactic in a previous year. You're right. The intern also has to do a keg stand and 10 of those spins with his head on a baseball bat prior to throwing the dart. If it lands on a Kentucky player he gets a do-over.

Haha, I like that. Might put the dartboard on a spinning mount too and bring Otis back to spin the thing while the intern chucks darts at it. I really think we're on to something here.

Sorry I didn't catch your comment; I have had Young around 10 since the very beginning of the season...actually I think I had him around 8 early (which is a little high unless he impresses more during the pre-draft process, explained later). I couldn't give a single, much less two dumps about what writers think on draft position so even if there was a link to post about him I wouldn't. But I am sure most conform to the thought he is a 11-15 range guy. So I believe it will depend on where the second pick ends up.

Perhaps it was a brash statement to say that makes one of you, but the point at the time I believe was that you were in the minority in your thought process. And really at the time it was a correct statement in that you were the one person here who stated otherwise. Young is a beast at scoring, if he can show defensive potential he would easily be a top 10 pick.