LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

All my worries about if exum's abilities will translate in to nba wins have pretty much gone due to MCW and the 76ers.

I'm afraid we might just live in a world where average players can put up good stats in smallish samples when coaches highlight their strengths. When things get back to normal I wonder what will happen.

ORL big board 01/2014 (IMO)

1) Parker

2) Embiid

3) Exum

4) Wiggins

5) Smart

6) Randle

7) Saric

Randle at 6!? That's a bit crazy. He's the surest thing in this draft. That's as low as I've ever seen him ranked, ever.

Randle at 6!? That's a bit crazy. He's the surest thing in this draft. That's as low as I've ever seen him ranked, ever.

I dont think it is crazy. People thought bmac would be number one. There is a lot not to like about randle and a lot to like about other prospects. imo.

He plays below the rim (not good vs length). He does not play great defense. He only uses one hand. When looking at talent and need, we need play making or a big that can play defense next to nick. My prospect list is a combination of best potential talent, players that can impact offense/defense and good team fit (in order).

Randles biggest asset is his rebounding. He will be another thomas robinson. I am just not impressed with anything else. I think andrew is just as good as a player and much better on offense: great post game, 3pt range, mid range jump shot, and surprisingly improved defense. I would just give drew the mins. If we get a big, he better be long and able to protect the rim.

At this time, I will be upset if we got randle before any of the other players listed.

His numbers are fine for a freshman and when he's engaged he shows he can be an elite player. He's similar to clowney.

His numbers are very similar to Paul George when he was a soph.

I would say that Paul George showed better ball handling. I knew he could become a playmaker. I have not see the same from wiggins, thus his fall from grace.

All my worries about if exum's abilities will translate in to nba wins have pretty much gone due to MCW and the 76ers.

agreed. My feelings to a T. Exum is considered the better scorer. MCW is the better defender. Everything else would seem equal.

I'm afraid we might just live in a world where average players can put up good stats in smallish samples when coaches highlight their strengths. When things get back to normal I wonder what will happen.

Can you clarify your comment? I dont think exum will be average. I dont think MCW is playing average.

Plus, I thought coaches jobs were to highlight strengths. Hence, coaches having roll players and putting players in the best position to help the team.

One of the best players in the hoop summit.

Look at the talent played.

http://www.usab.com/misc/13_hsum_box_score.pdf

http://www.nikehoopsummit.com/rosters/

Can you clarify your comment? I dont think exum will be average. I dont think MCW is playing average.

Plus, I thought coaches jobs were to highlight strengths. Hence, coaches having roll players and putting players in the best position to help the team.

I like exum.

MCW is putting up good numbers on a bad team. Tobias Harris is putting up good numbers on a bad team. Trey Burke, Jordan Crawford, the list goes on.

Do we know if these guys are any good? Or are they playing with confidence in pressureless games and in a few years we'll see them fall closer to average.

I like exum.

MCW is putting up good numbers on a bad team. Tobias Harris is putting up good numbers on a bad team. Trey Burke, Jordan Crawford, the list goes on.

Do we know if these guys are any good? Or are they playing with confidence in pressureless games and in a few years we'll see them fall closer to average.

I dont think harris is playing well at all and I am a big fan. Last year was much better and more effort. The kings game and the blazers game was a prime example. I think drew out played harris in limited time. He meshed much better and he played bigger than harris.

With Burke and MCW, when they are on the floor, their teams are much better. They are on bad teams, but there is a a lot of mins and a large sample of work to see their talent.

Almost all games are meaningless until the playoffs. Ask Blake Griffin. He normally chokes.

I dont think harris is playing well at all and I am a big fan. Last year was much better and more effort. The kings game and the blazers game was a prime example. I think drew out played harris in limited time. He meshed much better and he played bigger than harris.

With Burke and MCW, when they are on the floor, their teams are much better. They are on bad teams, but there is a a lot of mins and a large sample of work to see their talent.

Almost all games are meaningless until the playoffs. Ask Blake Griffin. He normally chokes.

Harris is not a 4 that is why he is struggling imo.

JV has neutered Harris this season. He is the 4TH option when he's on the floor with the starting lineup, behind Baby, AA, and Nelson. It's a shame. Drew, for whatever reason, has the green light to shoot any and every time he touches the ball. Harris does not have that. He looks passive this year and really unsure of what his role is on our team to be honest. He needs more of a defined role but that's not going to happen with the current lineups. But it makes complete sense to let our 3 oldest players and guys that won't be on the team in 2 years to have the biggest roles with the team.