LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Nuggets have been slipping a few games... That second pick might not be too shabby.

I can see this happening

3rd pick Parker/Wiggins

15th pick Zach

Nick

Harris

Parker

Victor

Zach

Embiid should be the pick if we land the #1. This kid could be a generational type big man. Then sign Bledsoe and trade Vuc for Love.

Bledsoe

Oladipo

Harris

Love

Embiid

Embiid should be the pick if we land the #1. This kid could be a generational type big man. Then sign Bledsoe and trade Vuc for Love.

Bledsoe

Oladipo

Harris

Love

Embiid

My issues with Embiid:

I want to see how he holds up all season

I feel like anytime we see a young 7'0 center who can move like a 6'9 forward scouts project him to be the basketball messiah.

In today's nba, should elite wings hold greater value over bigmen? Does a player who can make plays with the ball translate to more wins than a center who needs another player to give him the ball? Or is an elite bigman more valuable because they are scarce?

Does Roy Hibbert push Indiana closer to a championship or does Paul George.

What is easier to fix? The Tracy Mcgrady situation or the Dwight Howard situation? Can we find athletic wings to spread the floor and produce next to a ball dominant wing? Or can we find players to space the floor and have a wing that can bail us out of empty possessions late in big games.

For all the praise surrounding Durant, Lebron, and Paul George, Lebron is the only one to win a championship and that happened when he signed up with Wade and Bosh.

For all the praise surrounding Dwight and Yao, they didn't win championships despite being generational big men.

Kobe needed multiple all stars. Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose, Steve Nash, kyrie Irving, John wall haven't played a single finals game.

This went way off topic. Whoever we pick needs to be a part of the solution, not the sole piece. If we get Embiid we need to get. An elite wing to pair him with. If we get wiggins/Parker/exum we need an elite bigman to pair him with.

My issues with Embiid:

I want to see how he holds up all season

I feel like anytime we see a young 7'0 center who can move like a 6'9 forward scouts project him to be the basketball messiah.

In today's nba, should elite wings hold greater value over bigmen? Does a player who can make plays with the ball translate to more wins than a center who needs another player to give him the ball? Or is an elite bigman more valuable because they are scarce?

Does Roy Hibbert push Indiana closer to a championship or does Paul George.

What is easier to fix? The Tracy Mcgrady situation or the Dwight Howard situation? Can we find athletic wings to spread the floor and produce next to a ball dominant wing? Or can we find players to space the floor and have a wing that can bail us out of empty possessions late in big games.

For all the praise surrounding Durant, Lebron, and Paul George, Lebron is the only one to win a championship and that happened when he signed up with Wade and Bosh.

For all the praise surrounding Dwight and Yao, they didn't win championships despite being generational big men.

Kobe needed multiple all stars. Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose, Steve Nash, kyrie Irving, John wall haven't played a single finals game.

This went way off topic. Whoever we pick needs to be a part of the solution, not the sole piece. If we get Embiid we need to get. An elite wing to pair him with. If we get wiggins/Parker/exum we need an elite bigman to pair him with.

So aside from wanting to see how he holds up, your issue with Embiid is that he is not both a potential stud center and an elite wing?

So aside from wanting to see how he holds up, your issue with Embiid is that he is not both a potential stud center and an elite wing?

No. I went off topic and rambled.

My issue is I'm not sure what his ceiling is. People use the "he's played 3 years of organized basketball" narrative and make it seem like he's a basketball savant with unlimited potential. I lived through this with okafor and he was supposed to be pretty much what Anthony Davis is now. I'd like to see him dominate a team before calling him Hakeem

I think what he is trying to say is that having an elite big man may sound awesome, but are they really all they are cracked up to be? Especially in a draft with several sensational wing players and some really good guards to pick from. To me it really is hard to make a decision, but personally I've always been under the assumption you need an elite wing to go with an elite big man. That seems to be a good formula and it has worked on several occasions, one such pairing got us to the finals one year (Penny and Shaq). If we think Oladipo is that elite wing, then yeah we draft Embiid, but if we do not think that is his him, I presume we draft an elite wing or pg.

A lot of players in this draft have flashed. The only one, however, who has consistently flashed has been Parker. Right now that dude is set apart in my book.

can anybody photoshop parker, wiggins, randle, exum. embiid & smart in a magic uni please?

thanks in advance...mauro pedrosa i know you can sir?