Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

Oden to Miss Entire Season!

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Lets be careful you guys and not laugh at this team. This possibly could happen to one of our guys. This is not a Jinx but a precaution.

Well ABC, ESPN, TNT.......put us on national TV cause the numbuh one vs. numbuh two thing ain't gon' happen aight!

I think that after GHill's ankle and T-Mac's back we have enough Karma points to be fine for a good 5-7 years.....

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

This guy was rolling off his COUCH. Beyonce took a nosedive down a flight of stairs and she's still bootylicious till this day.

Beyonce is ugly and so is Greg. But at lest Greg is a male.

Let's not laugh at this, we've had players that once were one of the NBA's best, being reduced to has-beens by injuries while barely reaching their prime. Hardaway, Hill.. I'd trade Portland's trouble with Oden for that anyday.

Now LilPenny must point out how Kevin Durant could easily be the better of the two, yet the majority of Portland fans wanted Oden so thou shall reap what thou saw.. or something like that.

Now, seeing that most Orlando Magic fans are clueless too, we sholdn't be talking bad about portland lol

quote:
Originally posted by LilPenny3000:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

This guy was rolling off his COUCH. Beyonce took a nosedive down a flight of stairs and she's still bootylicious till this day.

Beyonce is ugly and so is Greg. But at lest Greg is a male.

WHOA! hold up there buddy! I hope you were joking about the Beyonce being ugly part.

If you didn't know, she's rated top 15 most beautiful/ bootylicious women in entertainment today

I mentioned in another thread,that I beleive oden would be the next Sam Bowie,he's definately on the right track. I would have kept randolph,and rafted Durant. Jack,Roy,Durant,Randolph,Aldridge,there is nothing wron gwith that lineup.

You have a point Erik but that lineup of Randolph and Roy would take shots away from Durant stunting his growth as a player OR Durant would be the go to scorer and take away shots from Randolph making him a very unhappy player. Also you dont want a player like Randolph around your young up and coming guys.

there were red flags seen by people but portland seemed blind to them. guess the risk didnt pay out that much yet

Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski: "Just this week on the telephone, there was an Eastern Conference executive studying Greg Oden's pre-draft physical in his office. Even now, this report still didn't look like the body of a 19-year old prospect, but that of an older, worn veteran. 'From our (trainers and doctors), there were red flags everywhere,' he said. The executive started listing the troubled spots the bulging disc in the back, wrists, the ankles, the hands, a right leg that was an inch longer than the left, and yes, the knees. He wasn't alone. Several pulled files this week with news of impending knee surgery, and kept wondering if maybe the breakdown of his body was just a matter of time. Despite it all, this executive believed the Blazers had done the right thing drafting the 7-footer over Kevin Durant. Then again, he never had a practical need for his medical staff to pour over Oden like Portland did. No one else but Seattle did. 'It wouldn't have stopped us from drafting him but it would've probably made us pause about making a deal to move up and get him,' the Eastern Conference executive said."

lol, I was just coming here to post that.

That whole paragraph is shocking. His physical was basically one big red flag. You have to figure with a guy that big, his joints are going to take a pounding just from running around and if he is that messed up at 19 how much are you gonna get out of him?

I have a bad feeling that Oden is going to end up being a cautionary tale for other GM's around the league just like Grant was for us.

Did anyone read Bill Simmons' column on Oden? He mentions that he saw him walking around before the draft and he walked like a guy with a bad back and knee's not a finely tuned athelete. Scary stuff for Portland.

This is a very unfortunate set of circumstances for Portland. The thing is they basically had to draft Oden. With regards to the draft if there is a skilled big man and a skilled "scorer" the GM code says you take the big man. Every single GM is afraid to think outside the box with regards to the number one pick. Same thing in the NFL when every team takes a QB number one even though there are better players available. The NFL GM code says if there is a talented QB or talented WR you take the QB.

In regards to his medical history like the Magic with Grant hindsight is 20/20. Looking back you think we should have seen this but you are just to obsessed with how great things can be if everything works out in your favor.