Sign in to follow this  
ufballer86

Marion

I think it would be difficult to speculate how Mario would react to being part of a triple threat here. Although he would be a new addition here, I don't think that necessarily makes him our 3rd option.

He's probably just sick of hearing all about Nash the MVP and Stoudamire the phenom. It doesn't make any sense for him to complain in Phoenix, but maybe it also has ot do with realizing they're not gettting any younger, they haven't won the title yet, and tehy're in luxury tax trouble.

This alleged complaining by the Matrix has done nothing to curb or otherwise affect his performance on the court, or the Suns performance in the standings.

So, I say bring on the attitude! If it took the Suns this long to get tired of it, then certainly we can deal with it for a few seasons, especially if it means rings! Let's face it, adding Marion in exchange for parts (losing Turk would suck though) makes us the best in the East (on paper) after Boston. We would be losing depth though.

If somebody offered you Scottie Pippen back in the 90s for some spare car parts and Detlef Schrempf, would you have done it? Of course!

This won't happen so lets not get our hopes up, but if the offer was on the table, we should all gather and protest at Magic HQ's to get it done.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

If somebody offered you Scottie Pippen back in the 90s for some spare car parts and Detlef Schrempf, would you have done it? Of course!

This won't happen so lets not get our hopes up, but if the offer was on the table, we should all gather and protest at Magic HQ's to get it done.

I agree with you completely, and I would certainly make this kind of move for Marion.

Added editorial: Scottie Pippen is the most overrated player in any sport, with the exception of Joe Namath. If you don't believe me, go to www.basketball-reference.com and look at his stats with Michael, and then after he left the Bulls. Was he an excellent player? Absolutely. NBA All-time Top 50? What a joke. Probably not in the top 100.

I love starting trouble.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Yeah, but Pippen was still good. Jordan just made him elite.

Edit: Just like Nash makes Marion elite.

Yep. Which is why I agreed with you. It's a legit comparison.

You should also take a look at Michael Jordan's playoff record without Pippen. Interesting correlation!

While you're at it, take a look at Phil Jackson's playoff record when he doesn't have Jordan/Pippen or O'Neal/Bryant.