Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

i wonder if we could somehow get our hands on...

allan houston. i know he is a free agent so it probably isnt likely. but i wonder if he would come to the sunshine state for the vet minimum...that would be a monster pickup as he fits a need and is also a veteran presence. veteren depth is always a plus.

allan houston. i know he is a free agent so it probably isnt likely. but i wonder if he would come to the sunshine state for the vet minimum...that would be a monster pickup as he fits a need and is also a veteran presence. veteren depth is always a plus.

He hasn't played since 04-05, and even then he only played in 20 games.

I have a better idea. Why don't we see if Nick Anderson still has any skills. He's only a few years older.

i think we have enough SGs/SFs...

plus, hes gahbage...

plus, hed never play, we need to get young people some experience...(Airiza, JJ)

plus, hes gahbage...

plus, hes injury prone...

plus, hes gahbage...

plus, hes gahbage...

plus, hes gahbage...

plus...well...you get it...

NO!

quote:
Originally posted by Azure:

What's with all these thread that reads "Let's sign a dinosaur for the vet min."? C'mon people, you're smarter than that. I hope.

Better get use to it. That's all we're going to be able to do for a while.

What about Mickael Pietrus, 6'6 215lbs 25 yrs old, explosive dunking ability, good offensive/defensive sg. We need a sg that is good on both ends of the court and thats what Pietrus brings. Also he has range on his shooting as well. All around player you have to love a player like that. Otis somehow get it done. NOW!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

What about Mickael Pietrus, 6'6 215lbs 25 yrs old, explosive dunking ability, good offensive/defensive sg. We need a sg that is good on both ends of the court and thats what Pietrus brings. Also he has range on his shooting as well. All around player you have to love a player like that. Otis somehow get it done. NOW!!!!!

I like him a lot, but we don't have the resources ($$) to get him.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

What we need far more is a good pg. What we have cannot be called anything more than average. And, of course, we let Diener go before we had a chance to see what we had. I have a feeling we are going to rue the day when we let him go for nothing.

Of course we could sign him for the veterans minimum if we wanted to. What GM is idiotic enough to actually offer Houston more than that at this stage of his career?

Look, he retired for a reason. His knees simply wouldn't allow him to play anymore. There are plenty of young guys that we can sign for the veterans minimum without recycling someone that has clearly had the game pass him by.