Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Would the Lakers Trade Rosters with the Magic?

23 members have voted

1. 1. Hypothetical question: Would the Lakers, with their overpaid vets and Dwightmare, trade rosters with the Magic, with their young guns and draft possibilities over the next two summers?

• Yes, the Lakers would trade rosters, as the Magic are in a better spot as a franchise
    • No, the Lakers would not trade rosters, as the Magic are not in a better spot as a franchise

Us bring in talent and picks for howard put us ahead of the curve. Harris and Nick have shown they can be big factors for our future.

As have Tyreke Evans and DeMarcus Cousins at the Kings yet for three seasons that they've played together they've gone 24-58, 22-44, and 28-54. So far the Kings record hasn't improved significantly despite possessing two players with all star potential. Granted they've been mismanaged so that gives us an edge, but having two talentes players like Vuc and Harris doesn't give us a quick fire way back to contending. They are excellent pieces but we could still remain in the 20 wins category if the rest of the team isn't up to it, or if the players we bring in don't develop etc.

I'd agree that we have franchise level talent, but despite that there's a long road ahead to get back to being one of the best teams.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As have Tyreke Evans and DeMarcus Cousins at the Kings yet for three seasons that they've played together they've gone 24-58, 22-44, and 28-54. So far the Kings record hasn't improved significantly despite possessing two players with all star potential. Granted they've been mismanaged so that gives us an edge, but having two talentes players like Vuc and Harris doesn't give us a quick fire way back to contending. They are excellent pieces but we could still remain in the 20 wins category if the rest of the team isn't up to it, or if the players we bring in don't develop etc.

I'd agree that we have franchise level talent, but despite that there's a long road ahead to get back to being one of the best teams.

Exactly. I think the expectation level on this board is way too high. Right now we have unproven players who while showing flashes of promise still had the worst record in the league, we have a coach with no prior coaching experience going in to his second year after a 20 win season who may or may not develop into a good coach, and we have the youngest GM in the league. This is a major crapshoot. If it all works out then we're back in the playoffs in the next couple of years. But I think there's a better chance that we're still terrible 3-4 years from now.

Exactly. I think the expectation level on this board is way too high. Right now we have unproven players who while showing flashes of promise still had the worst record in the league, we have a coach with no prior coaching experience going in to his second year after a 20 win season who may or may not develop into a good coach, and we have the youngest GM in the league. This is a major crapshoot. If it all works out then we're back in the playoffs in the next couple of years. But I think there's a better chance that we're still terrible 3-4 years from now.

Eh, get outta here with that. We're heading in the right direction

With that said, Dwight Howard couldn't even hold LBJ's sweaty ass jocky strap. In 09, I cannot WITH A SERIOUS FACE say that D12 'led' us to the Fiinals that year unlike, we all can agree, the way LBJ did in 07 with Cleveland.

Howard, while immensely talented, is no leader. Furthermore, his offensive game is too damn suspect to ever lead a team on his own. Yeah, his D is phenomenal, his O is not (by a long shot). Intangible-wise, the guy is completely lacking. He has proven time and time again to be a headcase.

So, the only way I see D-bag Howard winning a 'ship is when he is like 40 and is on the bench of a star-laden team (<cough> KMalone <cough>).

My $0.02.

Strong take. I like it

Look, I sure hope we all have learned over these recent years that Lebron is actually not the toolbag he made himself out to be with the whole 'televised leaving Cleveland for Miami debacle'. He has proven that he is a true, bonafide superstar who can lead a team (like Jordan) to success.

Who here doesn't believe he can win a 'ship this year w/o DWade? Lebron's game has evolved so much since the debacle that I believe wherever he goes he will continue to win trophies. I see him winning at least 5-7 before all is said and done.

With that said, Dwight Howard couldn't even hold LBJ's sweaty ass jocky strap. In 09, I cannot WITH A SERIOUS FACE say that D12 'led' us to the Fiinals that year unlike, we all can agree, the way LBJ did in 07 with Cleveland.

Howard, while immensely talented, is no leader. Furthermore, his offensive game is too damn suspect to ever lead a team on his own. Yeah, his D is phenomenal, his O is not (by a long shot). Intangible-wise, the guy is completely lacking. He has proven time and time again to be a headcase.

So, the only way I see D-bag Howard winning a 'ship is when he is like 40 and is on the bench of a star-laden team (<cough> KMalone <cough>).

My $0.02.

Karl Malone wasn't on the 2006 Miami Heat championship team, but everything prior to that was right on.

No way Kupchek trades his roster for ours. Assuming they resign Dwight this team is in a great position to build a perenial championship contender. Artest, Kobe, Pau, and Blake will all be coming off the books over the next 2 offseason. Nash is the only current player on signed thru the 2014 offseason. Fans tend to overrate their own players and its no different on this board. The fact that we are discussing this proves that point. Vuj, Mo, and Harris are all good players in their own right but no way would any intelligent gm take a roster filled with second and third tier talents guys over a team in a position to have 2 or even 3 elite nba talents.

Character plays a big factor here. harris is no Cousins. Harris only took two weeks off before finding the gym. We also have very good vets to lead. If we had healthy vets, we would have won more. (excluding turk)

I tell you. if we keep baby and draft burke, our team is going to play much better. I dont know if we want that but it could happen.

We dont need to risk such a bad season on a high risk like noel. It is important to take high skilled players that will bring a curtain level of talent to the team. Look how Oden effected the blazers. Let us not look back and say if we would have gotten this player instead.

BMac will at least bring us a shooter and open court player.

Burke will give us that needed play-maker

You are correct. we need to keep building with stable pieces so we are not like the kings.

Eh, get outta here with that. We're heading in the right direction

Best way to ensure we head in the right direction is to realistically evaluate where we are and prepare for different contingencies. Relying only on a best case scenario, in my opinion, isn't prudent.