Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Orlando Magic vs Other NBA Player Matchups

I have a burning question to ask.

Since the Magic has a new coach, and a "new look" roster with much needed scoring help. How do you think that other NBA players around the league will match up against us this coming season as opposed to last season (specifically "centers"), umm--let's say Chris Bosh, Amare S., Tim Duncan, ZaZa Patula, Dirk (pf), Rasheed Wallace (pf) and others. I remember the Magic getting torched by Chris Bosh last season, and to me, he always seemed to be playing in slow motion.

Basically, I'm asking if you think we will get torched again by specific players from other teams.

I'm asking for your opinion, because some of you have a better knowledge of who has been doing what around the league than I do.

Since the Magic has a new coach, and a "new look" roster with much needed scoring help. How do you think that other NBA players around the league will match up against us this coming season as opposed to last season (specifically "centers"), umm--let's say Chris Bosh, Amare S., Tim Duncan, ZaZa Patula, Dirk (pf), Rasheed Wallace (pf) and others. I remember the Magic getting torched by Chris Bosh last season, and to me, he always seemed to be playing in slow motion.

Basically, I'm asking if you think we will get torched again by specific players from other teams.

I'm asking for your opinion, because some of you have a better knowledge of who has been doing what around the league than I do.

LOL

You are the 1st person I've ever seen that ever put ZaZa in the same sentence with Duncan, Amare, Bosh, Dirk and Sheed.

Any team with a quick PG, like Parker or Nash, will give the Magic fits because we have no one, other than Dooling (who may not be here by then) that can remotely guard someone like that.

Right now, I see defense at the PG position as the biggest single weakness on the team (assuming the Magic sign Foyle or another big).

mr. charisma i am finally glad to see someone agree with me on the pg position. it amazes me how this can be so overlooked. i hope svg can get this corrected in training camp. no matter how good we are at other spots, this positon must get better to win big. we have a great core of quality young men who just need the right direction from the coach and a sound leader on the floor. i am hopeful someone will step up. go magic jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by TrueMagicFan07:

unfortunately, all those centers you listed(with the exception of amare) are actually pf's. thats why we have had problems with them. but then again almost every team has trouble with those listed players.

in my opinion...tor and chi will give us the most problems, in the east atleast.

depending on who we pick up with the Vet-min contract that we have left, But I think that we will play and match up against the pistons much better this year, By playing Lewis, and Ariza at the same time we can avoid the mismatch of Rasheed torching Hedo, or Tony. I know that Lewis is not thought of as a defender, but he is very quick, tall and has great agility, This if nothing else enables him to play Defense anywhere, accept the point, which I also agree is our weak position, especially on defense, although coaching could remedy this, If jameer would use his body more, and get more physical, like barron davis's game, it would greatly improve his game, this is simply Jameer using his body build to his advantage.

but back to the point our team is getting more and more versatile, (able to use many different looks, against different teams)And with a coach that knows how to, and is not too stubbourn to do this things will be much different.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:

unfortunately, all those centers you listed(with the exception of amare) are actually pf's. thats why we have had problems with them. but then again almost every team has trouble with those listed players.

in my opinion...tor and chi will give us the most problems, in the east atleast.

Thank you Murphy.

So far, you are the only one who has given me a proper response to my question. I did not ask anything about Point Guards. My question is about the "front court".

Last season, other teams said they did not have to change their game plan every time they played the Magic.

So, my question is:

1. Because of the new additions to our team, and scoring help, will our new style of play affect the other NBA centers or power forwards' performance because they will have to think too much (during the game).

2. As I recall, Tim Duncan (pf) was matched up with Dwight Howard (Center). Chris Bosh (pf) was matched up with Dwight Howard (Center).

Do you see other teams changing their match ups in the front court against the new-look Magic. Do you foresee matchup problems for other teams?

quote:
Originally posted by magicfreak#1:

depending on who we pick up with the Vet-min contract that we have left, But I think that we will play and match up against the pistons much better this year, By playing Lewis, and Ariza at the same time we can avoid the mismatch of Rasheed torching Hedo, or Tony. I know that Lewis is not thought of as a defender, but he is very quick, tall and has great agility, This if nothing else enables him to play Defense anywhere, accept the point, which I also agree is our weak position, especially on defense, although coaching could remedy this, If jameer would use his body more, and get more physical, like barron davis's game, it would greatly improve his game, this is simply Jameer using his body build to his advantage.

but back to the point our team is getting more and more versatile, (able to use many different looks, against different teams)And with a coach that knows how to, and is not too stubbourn to do this things will be much different.

Thank you, too, magicfreak for answering the question that I asked about "Matchups" for this coming season in the front court

quote:

quote:

Thank you Murphy.

So far, you are the only one who has given me a proper response to my question. I did not ask anything about Point Guards. My question is about the "front court".

Actually, TMF07, others DID answer the question you asked based on the quote above from your original email. The terms "center", "power forward" and "bigs" were not present in your original email.

That's fine if you want to change or further stipulate your question, but don't criticize others for not answering the question you meant to ask.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

You are the 1st person I've ever seen that ever put ZaZa in the same sentence with Duncan, Amare, Bosh, Dirk and Sheed.

Believe it or not, Zaza is slowly, yet progressively becoming an all-time Magic Killer. I would rather play Amar

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

Actually, TMF07, others DID answer the question you asked based on the quote above from your original email. The terms "center", "power forward" and "bigs" were not present in your original email.

That's fine if you want to change or further stipulate your question, but don't criticize others for not answering the question you meant to ask.

Charisma, I did too mention "centers" and "power forwards" at the opening of this thread. Please read the first paragraph at the top of this page.

quote: