Sign in to follow this  
barnettej

Tobias Harris Nickname

Okay I have been thinking about this for sometime. We all know that Tobias is sporting number 12... Which is a bit odd you have to admit. However he has been a huge surprise, providing alot of highlights and applause. And I have used and heard the nickname "T12" float around.. It's cool... But... I think Tobias Deserves something a bit different.

After watching his "how do you like me now, highlights" recently against the Bucks, I think I have a catchier and more fitting name.. Well atleast this is what I'm gonna call him:

Optimus Prime

Thoughts?

(Sent my phone)

I don't see how "Optimus Prime" fits at all. Even though I am old school and think nicknames need to be earned, if he must have one, I'd have to go with T12. My guess, is he knew that nickname would be spawned the moment he put on that jersey. Yes, I know he wore that number in college, but he also knows what #12 means in Orlando.

I was just letting you know my nickname for Tobias. And it's Optimus... Looking at all the photos, videos, quotes and write ups. And to me it fits. So that's what I'm going with.

What others choose is cool to see, I know not everyone will have the same names to people and that's all good. This wasn't a permission thread. You can like it or not.

If you said to someone: "How's Optimus playing?", they would have no idea what you're talking about.

I'd suggest something related to his all around game because I think that's the best thing about Tobias.

Back in the day there were a lot of nicknames like "The Admiral" or "The Glove" but that doesn't happen anymore because we're just used to abbreviations due to writing on the internet and what not.

Just look at all the "nicknames" now:

Melo

CP3

D-Wade

D-Will

LBJ

KG

KD

even in our team:

Hark

Vuch (I don't really like this one)

Henny :)/>/>/>/>

So, the best thing IMO would be sticking with something that's easy to write.

django_unchained.jpg

Automatically, his short nick name is Tobe.

Django (Is my hero name for Tobe)

Unchained from Milwaukee

Remember, the "D" is silent.

Toby is also from the movie roots, so I think this is the most fitting.

The fact he was freed from captivity is just awesome. I think I will photo shop some Cuts from the movie.

You heard it first from me.