Sign in to follow this  
Daddy_Yankee

"Hopes in my mind" by Daddy Yankee

I see this game and really gives me hope that we can finally play like i team and all this stupid thing about arroyo nelson debate end in peace...GO MAGIC

buy my new cd Daddy Yankee the big boss!! lol

I see this game and really gives me hope that we can finally play like i team and all this stupid thing about arroyo nelson debate end in peace...GO MAGIC

buy my new cd Daddy Yankee the big boss!! lol

That game right there tells it all. Jameer is something special so is Arroyo. A lot of people doubt Jameer skills but hes came through for us many times. We went point for point with the World Champs. That was without a Rashard Lewis in the lineup. Otis just get us a good pf that has great rebounding and defense ability and were good. I still would try to trade Turk for Ricky Davis. You can always take in another scorer. Get us another pf and were set. Cause we already got Howard Battie Gortat and Augustine so 1 more and trade for Ricky Davis and were Champs.

This type of cohesion is exactly what was searched for all season. This game proved that Nelson can be something with the ball in his hands and Nelson and Arroyo mesh. Hustling after loose balls and scoring off of fast breaks for the and 1 is priceless. Thanks Yankee..woops...I mean DAD!DY!YAN!KEE!

rob i hope i am wrong but if you think that nelson is the guy to lead this team to a championship you are surely looking at someone i just dont see. to many negative things for me. attitude, passing, defense, turn overs, etc. think about it. jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

rob i hope i am wrong but if you think that nelson is the guy to lead this team to a championship you are surely looking at someone i just dont see. to many negative things for me. attitude, passing, defense, turn overs, etc. think about it. jacklj

Attitude is definitely not one of his problems. He has been nothing but a good teammate and has attempted to be a leader. If anything, attitude is one of his strengths.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Attitude is definitely not one of his problems. He has been nothing but a good teammate and has attempted to be a leader. If anything, attitude is one of his strengths.

Really? What about all the laughing and fraternizing with opposing players when we were getting our collective ***es kicked?

Seems like he feels he "belongs" in the NBA and now that he's made it, he's a member of some big exclusive group. And his team is secondary.

quote:
Originally posted by JJZ:

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Really? What about all the laughing and fraternizing with opposing players when we were getting our collective ***es kicked?

Seems like he feels he "belongs" in the NBA and now that he's made it, he's a member of some big exclusive group. And his team is secondary.

Are we talking about the same thing? Because it sounds to me like you are talking about this mindset that has taken over the entire league for the last 15 years. Not like the 80's and early 90's when players didn't get along with opposing players. Don't hold that against Nelson...he is hardly alone and he and players his age have inherited that from those before them.

The attitude I was referring to, and what I thought JLJ was referring to, was a bad attitude. Nelson has not shown that he has a bad attitude. We have never heard him complain to coaches, despite that fact that he has split time at the point for all 3 of his seasons. He has also made attempts to be a leader and involve his fellow teammates in team bonding activities. Lastly, his teammates seem to genuinely like him, and he was the player who along with the face of the franchise, met our new FA at the airport to welcome him to the team.

Again, his attitude - a positive one - is one of his strengths.

I think the actual truth is somewhere between what we both are saying. Yes, I'm sure he's a very nice guy and his teammates all like him. Yes, he never complained last year, but then why should he when no matter how badly he played he still got the lion's share of playing time at PG?

I flat out disagree that in the current NBA "mindset" you see players laughing and joking around when their teams are being clobbered. The true competitors and leaders don't do that. Yes they fraternize with the opposing players after the games, but during the games they're focussed on helping their team win. And they don't look like they're having a good time when they're losing. Heck, I remember an interview I saw a few years ago where Kevin Garnett was actually CRYING because his team sucked so much and he alone could not will them into the playoffs. Now that is a REAL competitor.

Kevin Garnett's "efficiency" comes with his love with the game.

Lets remember, Jameer has been in the league for now 4 years. Nelson needs to be given a break because of factors slowing production rate. Just evaluate him half of next season. If Nelson screwed up, we can easily trade.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Lets remember, Jameer has been in the league for now 4 years. Nelson needs to be given a break because of factors slowing production rate. Just evaluate him half of next season. If Nelson screwed up, we can easily trade.

This isn't about production. It's about mental toughness and having a competitor's mindset, and setting a good example on the court. You don't even need any basketball ability at all for any of that.