Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

The Official VC to Orlando thread. ~merged~

I'm a big Magic fan as someone asked earlier...I have visted this board a ton just to read the post I never really wanted to reply but with the whole VC thing going on I couldn't resist...I wasn't trying to make fun of anyone seeing if they play for the Magic and they are in the NBA, all I was saying is I would give OS our gm a couple of my fingers for VC...This guy can score whenever he wants and will help Howard take his game to another level....It will remind me of a Dwade and Shaq, however Dwade is better then VC but that's the potential it can have

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

This is getting a little crazy. Are we sure we already have a championship team in place and all we need is to get these players more experience? When we get to the point we can't give JJ to get Carter, we have completely gone overboard overhyping Magic players.

Here's Chad Ford, an insider to people in the clubs, not girlfriends, uncles, or friends of friends. He says the nets aren't crazy about getting Darko. Here we're building Darko as an untradeable asset and the Nets apparently are saying thanks but no thanks. Same with Travis, much hype but the Suns were only offering fringe players in return.

JJ will be an NBA player, maybe even a starter for some teams. But if we're going to stay out of getting a top player in order to keep JJ, welcome to 41-41 for many years to come. 41-41, by the way, is NBA purgatory, never good enough to win it all, never bad enough to get the top picks. We lived there for awhile. Everybody has potential, but potential has never won a title, top players win titles. If the offer is made for Carter, short of Dwight, you go for it. By the way, if Carter is in the twilight of his career, 80 percent of the players in this league have retired and don't know it yet.

Profound, Exact and to the point, I to am guilty of some overrating 1 or 2 of our guys myself but I agree...GET CARTER!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

You're right, we should trade everything we have except for Dwight to get top players over 30.

Lets just do what the Heat did and sign Pippen as well. Top players win championships right?

Lets trade Jameer Nelson and Trevor Ariza for Jason Kidd while we are at it. These guys are just potential, they haven't accomplished anything.

What about Darko, Augustine and Arroyo for Antoine Walker and Gary Payton. These guys have a ring, Darko and the others don't?

How about a line up of

Kidd, Carter, Walker, Hill, and Howard?

With a bench of Diener, Garrity and Payton?

We could win a championship RIGHT NOW!!

In two years or less we're screwed but whatever, we have a ring and a bunch of top players. Just like the Heat!

(Insert sarcasm throughout post)

Just drawing your "top players" argument to its inevitable conclusion.

Your argument is flawed. Nothing about Antonine Walker or Gary Payton is top. Except for perhaps suckitude.

We don't need either of those guys, or Pippen, or even Kidd. This team.. with it's 4th worst offense in the league.. needs an explosive scorer. It needs Vince Carter!

Grant Hill's still a nice player, but let's face reality. Grant cannot fill that role anymore, and maybe J.J. can someday, but not yet. I know Bogans and Dooling sure aren't gonna do it, and be honest. Can Hedo?

The *ONLY* two guys who can fill that role in the forseeable future are Ariza and Jameer.

We can get an all-star for either chump change now, or resign him for even less in the off season (depending on how greedy Darko is).

We need to stop acting on these boards like we're Dallas or San Antonio. We're 26-25. We're only a couple of games ahead of New Jersey!

So do you want to compete with Indiana for the 7th or 6th spot, or do you want to compete with Detroit and Washington for the top seed? Simple question.

I'm just asking for a little perspective, here.

quote:

This is getting a little crazy. Are we sure we already have a championship team in place and all we need is to get these players more experience? When we get to the point we can't give JJ to get Carter, we have completely gone overboard overhyping Magic players.

Here's Chad Ford, an insider to people in the clubs, not girlfriends, uncles, or friends of friends. He says the nets aren't crazy about getting Darko. Here we're building Darko as an untradeable asset and the Nets apparently are saying thanks but no thanks. Same with Travis, much hype but the Suns were only offering fringe players in return.

JJ will be an NBA player, maybe even a starter for some teams. But if we're going to stay out of getting a top player in order to keep JJ, welcome to 41-41 for many years to come. 41-41, by the way, is NBA purgatory, never good enough to win it all, never bad enough to get the top picks. We lived there for awhile. Everybody has potential, but potential has never won a title, top players win titles. If the offer is made for Carter, short of Dwight, you go for it. By the way, if Carter is in the twilight of his career, 80 percent of the players in this league have retired and don't know it yet.

You're right, we should trade everything we have except for Dwight to get top players over 30.

Lets just do what the Heat did and sign Pippen as well. Top players win championships right?

Lets trade Jameer Nelson and Trevor Ariza for Jason Kidd while we are at it. These guys are just potential, they haven't accomplished anything.

What about Darko, Augustine and Arroyo for Antoine Walker and Gary Payton. These guys have a ring, Darko and the others don't?

How about a line up of

Kidd, Carter, Walker, Hill, and Howard?

With a bench of Diener, Garrity and Payton?

We could win a championship RIGHT NOW!!

In two years or less we're screwed but whatever, we have a ring and a bunch of top players. Just like the Heat!

(Insert sarcasm throughout post)

Just drawing your "top players" argument to its inevitable conclusion.

quote:

Now I'm reading Brian Schmitz blog from this evening and he states:

'No," is Otis' response when asked if the Magic are trying to get Carter.

Smith says he doesn't expect to make a trade, period.

I know Otis is a smart guy and tight lipped about what he's doing. But this is a pretty clear response. Has he done this in the past? Say no to something he was actually doing? I don't remember specifically his comments before the trades last year but I don't think he ever stated something that was later shown to be false.

What do you think?

Otis did this when he traded Steve Francis. He said that he wasnt looking to trade Francis and a week later we got Ariza and Penny for him. So he might be lying or telling the truth you can never tell with Otis.

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

I would do this trade.

For giving all this up, I'd hope we could get Jason Collins as well as Vince Carter, but yeah, I'd pull the trigger on this.

If there is a choice, Mikki Moore, better work ethic, (has something to prove in this league) and he co$t millions less with shorter terms..Collins is lost in space and gets abused on a regular basis.

Well I totally agree with you, it's just that I've heard Collins' name bandied about, and our one true need on this team is a 4th solid big man, and I think Collins could do well, or at least split minutes with Bo and keep Bo rested for the playoffs.

But absolutely, Moore > Collins.

Otis isn't being dishonest per se. Its the nets that are trying to shop Carter from everything we've heard. And technically no one EXPECTS to have a trade until there is one. As for the Nets I can't see the logic of doing nothing and getting nothing for Carter. Maybe Otis is being even stingier than some of us on this board. Or maybe if the Kidd deal isn't looking good they hope Kidd can convince Carter to stay.

My argument is how we can be so discriminatory towards evaluating the potential of one player over another?

Ariza and Darko are untradeable assets, yet JJ is chump change? Darko was chump change for the Pistons, as was Arroyo. Yet now he is an integral part of our future. (Darko that is.)

The whole Walker/Kidd/Payton things was showing how top players can give you instant results, but in the long run it is a bad investment.

I will rue the day when JJ puts up 40 on us and Vince Carter has long fled Orlando for Miami because he hates Brian Hill. It may be in two years but I can see it happening.

Now I'm reading Brian Schmitz blog from this evening and he states:

I don't remember specifically his comments before the trades last year but I don't think he ever stated something that was later shown to be false.

QUOTE]

"We are not currently shopping Steve Francis" Feb 2006

All this trade speculation is making me go crazy, so for a break lets assume we make a trade (any trade) that's 2 for 1 for 3 for 1 (players) and suddenly have one or two roster spots available. Even if its just for the inactive list what do you think we do? Can we bring over Gortat midseason? Maybe bring Kasib Powell in on a ten day contract? He played well in the pre-season. So to break the we should/shouldn't send conversation does anyone have any thoughts?

Also, just read the article on Realgm in which Jordan said he was willing to spend in the offseason. I can hear the conversation now.

Thorn: Jordan you gotta help me, this Otis guy has me by the marbles, make him think you could go after Vince in the offseason.

Jordan: Sure after seeing Dwight in the all-star game we gotta make sure the Magic don't steal Vince or we won't win the conference for at least 6 years.

quote:
Originally posted by mongoose:

Honestly. As much as I like GHill, I'd rather see him go than JJ. JJ has quite a future ahead of him.

ya carter has maybe 3 more good years left,jj has his whole career ahead of him. it would be stupid to trade jj in that deal when we can probly get carter next year in FA