Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

The Official VC to Orlando thread. ~merged~

quote:
Originally posted by ThefutureGM:

I am on the road but wanted to give a quick update on what I know about Carter.

First - Do not believe anything that the media is telling you right now about the deal not going down. Otis is not a big fan of sports writers and is very tight lipped about moves so he won

Resigning Darko and the Carter situation are the only significant signings that will happen this offseason. The only other thing they might do is sign a cheap big man.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Resigning Darko and the Carter situation are the only significant signings that will happen this offseason. The only other thing they might do is sign a cheap big man.

If you don't trade for VC now, you may not have the cap space to sign him at all. I'm not buying the notion he'd sign at a giant discount that some are putting out there.

There are other ways to free up capspace like making smaller trades. Trading Turkoglu or maybe Arroyo would do the job. A sign and trade is always a possibility as well. If Carter wants to be here as much as its been rumored then it will be worked out.

Ric Buecher and Mark Stein were both on ESPN Coast to Coast and Ric said that the only team that has offered anything is the Clippers. They offered Cassell, Mobley and Maggette but in the last few minutes offered Livingston instead of Cassell. Ric said to forget about the Orlando rumors because Brian Hill does not want to coach Vince Carter.

What is this crap? Where do they get this from?

quote:
Therefore, it would also be necessary to move another player or a package of players. Dooling for a first round pick anyone? Bogans? Diener?

Dooling and diener may already be out the door. Thanks for the point. Hedo is the biggest move you have to make and yes depending on the team Hedo is a marketable enough player to get what we want in the way of cap relief.

quote:
If we were forced to pull off an identical trade this summer to free up cap space, we would part with what players?

If it were identical then it would be the same players wouldn't it? or don't you understand the word identical? Choose the right words. Sheesh I'm new here but I thought you guys were brighter. It wouldn't be identical because it includes players we are likely to lose (dooling etc) and players that you really don't need with Carter (Hedo)

quote:
I wasn't referring to signing Kevin Garnett with our MLE you meat head. But to not have 5 million dollars to solidify our bench when we could avoid losing it is crazy.

Never said a word about Garnett imbecile (another more sophisticated word for meathead - look it up). You wrote that with the MLE you could get a piece to "solidify" the team. IF you are going to argue giving up a draft pick (JJ) rather than losing a backup center by an MLE intelligent discussion requires a name to that piece.

Do....you....understand.....English.....now?

quote:
Speaking of conjecture. This is probably the most arbitrarily idiotic assumption I've ever read on this forum.

NO one signed Grant believing he would continue to have injuries. Thinking they had a crystal ball before they signed him isn't arbirtrarily idiotic at all. Its deliberately and specifically idiotic. Besides its pointless. Its done. His contract is all but up and moving him now saves you what? half a season and what in return? The Nets are not going to take one expiring contract for another straight up. I have no qualms with that trade any way. Its the addition of young players in the trade to no point.

Facts? You have none - nada - that indicates that Carter will sign an extension before or after a trade. Its the very reason no other team wants to touch him and theres no way to either read Carter's mind or future to conclusively determine that nothing could possibly come up for him to walk leaving fans like you with egg on your face. Besides that your whole argument comes down to trading our last first round pick to keep an MLE and keeeping players that either are unnecessary or already through the door (Bogans excluded). Make no sense but since you read Garnett where he was never mentioned I think its in keeping with the overall rational processing demonstrated.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicman28:

Ric Buecher and Mark Stein were both on ESPN Coast to Coast and Ric said that the only team that has offered anything is the Clippers. They offered Cassell, Mobley and Maggette but in the last few minutes offered Livingston instead of Cassell. Ric said to forget about the Orlando rumors because Brian Hill does not want to coach Vince Carter.

Did Ric really say that about Brian Hill and Vince? Someone else please confirm or deny that he said that specifically.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:
Originally posted by Magicman28:

Did Ric really say that about Brian Hill and Vince? Someone else please confirm or deny that he said that specifically.

if Brian Hill did say that I will officially try to kill him!

If this game does not show B Hill is an Incompetent Coach...Then Otis also needs to go!!!!!!!

We need a Star to team up with Howard, he is looking very frustrated!!!!!

Get Vince now!!!!!!

B Hill stinks, and Otis is allowing it!!!!

Otis do something right this season, something you have yet to do!!!!

B.Hill must be scared of another Hardaway situation,he doesnt wanna coach a superstar,affraid that he might revolt agains his ****ty coaching,and he might get fired again,when Howard get's smart enough he;ll be gone to.

Otis messed up!!!!!!!!

Now after this game Thorn will know we are desperate for a scorer. Otis should have made the trade before the game tonight!!!!

There goes our leverage!!!!

We have to do something, because we cannot even play for a good draft pick because we do not even get that Detriot does....

Otis is Over valueing our players and definitely OVERVALUEING our so called COACH!!!

Make the trade now!!!

Hedo, Dooling, Garrity, Diener(to Suns for 1st rounder) and rights to Fran..........(or Arroyo in the mix also)

or

G Hill and Diener and rights to Fran

FOR

VINCE

Either way works for me!!!!!!!!!!!

Jambo calm down. I know you're pi**** off because I am too but be a little rational. This game doesn't mean anything when it comes to trade scenarios. It doesn't change the fact that Carter wants to play here.

Its just that kind of irrational thoughts that would have the Magic trading away too much to get Carter.

Just so you know it isn't up to Otis to fire Brian Hill. That decision is up to the owners.