Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

THIS IS SPAARRRTTTTAAAAA!!!! On DVD!

Today is release day for "300."

This movie holds a special place in movie history as the first mainstream movie in years, perhaps ever, to please all men, regardless of which side of the plate they bat from.

You can get the no frills version for $13.99 at Circuit City, or you can pay well over 20 bucks for the 2 disc version that is packed with extras. Best Buy even has a version that includes a replica Spartan helmet (no, that is not what you think, sicko!).

Today is release day for "300."

This movie holds a special place in movie history as the first mainstream movie in years, perhaps ever, to please all men, regardless of which side of the plate they bat from.

You can get the no frills version for $13.99 at Circuit City, or you can pay well over 20 bucks for the 2 disc version that is packed with extras. Best Buy even has a version that includes a replica Spartan helmet (no, that is not what you think, sicko!).

those the helmet come in different sizes.....I would need the magnum xl one.....

but back to the topic....

This is a great movie, a few changes in the historic events, of course, there where no real half men half beast creatures, but still the way they did fight back in those days would make any of us crap our pants....

an army of those soldiers would easily destroy any of our worlds current arm forces in hand to hand combat....of course different weapons,etc, but it took some big cojones to fight the way they did....

the movie will make you appreciate those times better as you can see and understand how things happened in those times...

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

those the helmet come in different sizes.....I would need the magnum xl one.....

Wal-Mart is offering a freebie as well: your choice of a severed head, arm, or leg.

really? nah...that doesn't sound walmart like....

why is it that Walmart insists on selling only edited CD's, which sucks, but they can sell all the R-rated and unrated movies that come out?

quote:

really? nah...that doesn't sound walmart like....

why is it that Walmart insists on selling only edited CD's, which sucks, but they can sell all the R-rated and unrated movies that come out?

Cause it is much easier to be self-righteous about hearing swear words in songs. When you start talking about taking T&A away, well, that's just plain wrong!

quote:

so it's a compromise....they take out the cursing of music, but let us enjoy all the boobages we want....I can dig that.

Of course, the problem is that you would have to step inside a Wal-Mart.

This movie was INSANE. I love Miller but never read 300. I rented it last night, and it is quite possibly one of the top films thats ever graced my television.

Not only was there superb action and story, but the visuals were gorgeous.