Sign in to follow this  
star_phenom35

Anyone besides me starting to worry a bit?

Where do fans like these come from....Incredible!!!! I have never seen such a group of fareweather fans...

go Magic!!! We need a a solid 4 or 5 and a marginal 2 for insurance off the bench! People I really hope none of you join the Military.........the war would be over before the first shot was fired!!!! Man Up...we have a good group, small tweaks and we are as good as any in the east!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

It sounds to me like you wanted to trade all of our young core (excluding Dwight) and expiring contracts for some player. I assumed you were talking about KG, but the T-Wolves would never do such a stupid deal. I guess you weren't talking about KG, so would you tell us who you were talking about?

You seem to be against the signing of Rashard Lewis, because we gave up Darko, yet you would be willing to trade Darko, Ariza, Redick, Nelson, etc. for another player??? Who? That definitely wouldn't be enough to get us KG or Kobe.

I'm glad we kept our young players and signed Rashard Lewis. Really, we couldn't have gotten anyone better than Shard, unless we traded Dwight Howard.

I already have explained it in my earlier reply to your post. I thought we had more tangible assets; players with potential, expiring contracts, and cap space to improve significantly. While Boston didn't have nearly as much amunition to improve significantly. Yet they are the team that is now being mentioned on ESPN as immediate Eastern Conference contenders. While we are discussing here that the Magic are still a few years away from contending.

I'm not talking about KG specifically, other than how he improves the Boston roster and their chances to win a championship. I am merely comparing Boston's limited possibilities of improvement while also being the Eastern Conference's worst team. This compared to our overwhelming opportunities for improvement and our overall irrelevance this year when discussing Eastern Conference contenders.

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

I mean, Boston's young core couldn't make the playoffs or even be competitive right? Doesn't that speak for the quality of their core?

Ya though, the Magic have really screwed up in the past, but in their defense, Grant Hill chose to leave and there wasn't much we were going to be able to do to keep him. Since Otis has taken over, the only players of importance we have lost unnecessarily are Darko and Stuckey... and not even really Stuckey, since in reality we'd only have Darko -OR- Stuckey, not both... and Darko is a lazy smoker... etc etc etc.

Gabriel and Weisbrod are the idiots that lost that laundry list you came up with. I'm still optimistic about Otis. The moment he lets Jameer or Ariza walk, I'll start getting po'ed.

We could have very easily traded G Hill's expiring contract last season and maybe a throw in for Rashard. Then we could have kept both Darko & Rashard.

Regardless, Otis bought into G Hill's loyalty to the Magic and we were bit in the azz.

Smack, I'm with you man. We could have done so much more!

Seeing what the Celtics are doing has me ill.(lol)

Smack is right, we have been told for years this was our season to take "huge" steps. That remains to be seen.

One thing is for sure, if we don't start off the season playing well and on into the middle of the season the "howls" for Otis job is gonna grow by leaps and bounds.

I might not be the only one typing Otis "Dunce Cap" Smith.

Celtics........I'm sick!

You can knock us down another step on your preseason Eastern Conference predictions cause the Celtics just moved "WAY" up.

Otis, you can still make some moves to improve our roster. Get off your butt!!!

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Smack is right, we have been told for years this was our season to take "huge" steps. That remains to be seen.

One thing is for sure, if we don't start off the season playing well and on into the middle of the season the "howls" for Otis job is gonna grow by leaps and bounds.

Celtics........I'm sick!

You can knock us down another step on your preseason Eastern Conference predictions cause the Celtics just moved "WAY" up.

Another Summer and I'm getting beat up again for being the board pessimist. I just tell it like I see it. Junkie, more often than not, you see it the same way. What do we see that nobody else does? Or, what do they see that we're not?

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

Where do fans like these come from....Incredible!!!! I have never seen such a group of fareweather fans...

go Magic!!! We need a a solid 4 or 5 and a marginal 2 for insurance off the bench! People I really hope none of you join the Military.........the war would be over before the first shot was fired!!!! Man Up...we have a good group, small tweaks and we are as good as any in the east!!!!!

I'm with Smack and Ball Junkie on this one. How you can accuse them or anyone else of being "fareweather"(sic) fans after the recent seasons of mediocrity we've been suffering through is totally beyond me. If fans get upset by a perception that we're not doing very well with our front office moves this summer, how does that make them bad fans, exactly?? Not every believes we're going to be as good as you think we'll be, Chosen12.

Guess we'll find out when the season starts. Until then, those of us who are disappointed with the totality of front office moves this summer will continue to voice our opinions.

quote:

Celtics........I'm sick!

the Boston gm Danny for the last 2-3 years has been under the most fire for his moves then any other gm. people even on daft night questioned the ray allen move and the media dogged him just like they dogged otis.

What this should show you, as a magic fan, is as a gm you win some and you lost some. you pick your moments to be aggressive and you way your options. Otis has had his ups and downs because you have to look at both your COST and benefit of moves. if you wait tell next season you may see the positives of our moves and our team. There is a reason sometimes for peoples perceived madness and sometimes you have to be willing to way to see a plan unfold.

the Celtics will be good for the next 2-3 yrs but i also like our overall team now (though we need a pf/c) and position of our future.

quote:
Originally posted by JJZ:

I'm with Smack and Ball Junkie on this one. How you can accuse them or anyone else of being "fareweather"(sic) fans after the recent seasons of mediocrity we've been suffering through is totally beyond me. If fans get upset by a perception that we're not doing very well with our front office moves this summer, how does that make them bad fans, exactly?? Not every believes we're going to be as good as you think we'll be, Chosen12.

Guess we'll find out when the season starts. Until then, those of us who are disappointed with the totality of front office moves this summer will continue to voice our opinions.

JJZ, you of all people will recall just how optimistic I was a few weeks ago. That was when we still had possibilities for marked improvement available. Now we are waiting to see what washed up, journeyman PF will land in our lap for the vet minimum.

Quite a lot has changed in such a short time.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Celtics........I'm sick!

Another Summer and I'm getting beat up again for being the board pessimist. I just tell it like I see it. Junkie, more often than not, you see it the same way. What do we see that nobody else does? Or, what do they see that we're not?

Smack, there are a lot of guys that see the same thing, they are just not as outspoken as you.

Plus, we just had the big vote for the new arena which was successful so a lot of guys are holding back on being forthright so as to not spoil the mood.

Man Otis, trade Turk or some of our expiring contracts or something!? I know this can't be the roster we're planning on going to war with next season. I mean Augie and Gortat as our back-up bigs?

No offense to those guys but everyone on these boards knows what that would equte to.

Get busy Otis!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Celtics........I'm sick!

I think Al Jefferson is going to be a stud but that is just my opinion.

As for your opinion I could not agree more. I think the most frustrating thing is all the talk about creative financing and wanting it all. You really did not hear the Magic do anything except through a boat load of money at Rashard Lewis. It seems to me he was choice a,b, and c. That is what is so frustrating to me. I really, really hope that Rashard Lewis is a freaking stud because that is the only way the Magic will elevate to the top-tier of the East.

quote:
Originally posted by JJZ:

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

First of all, It was not smack that I was speaking of, if so I would have said so. I can understand how you came by that idea, by the position of that post. It was an overall view of the KG to Boston deal that says all is lost for us and everyone else, and has so many jumping ship!

KG does make them solid along with Allen and Pierce.... No Question...but we are just one solid 4 or 5 away from being back in the thick of it. For example..if we traded for Artest, or J O'neal or what the heck, even if we got PJ Brown or Dale Davis....it puts us on equal footing. Now to your point of being dissapointed in th front office...OK, I can see that as well, but it is by far not the doom and gloom that many have preached...Good points but I am not prepared to give up with all of the positives that are still our boys! Go Magic!!

If we could get Chris Webber (however unlikely it is), we'd have an upgrade at nearly every position next season.

New Nelson > Old Nelson

Ariza = Hill

Shard > Hedo

Webber > Battie

New Howard > Old Howard

SVG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brian Hill

Considering all we really needed last season was three-point shooting and a consistent wing scorer, I like how our offseason has gone so far.