Sign in to follow this  
star_phenom35

Anyone besides me starting to worry a bit?

They should have a Who wants to be a Orlando Magic GM for one day. I would give the fans what they want in 1 day. Maybe even take Otis job. Hes gotta be sitting on his *** playing Atari or something cause he sure as h*** not making any moves. Theres no need for Turk so i would trade him for Artest. And I would definitely go at Webber more aggressively then he did to get him here. Also i wouldnt want Webber to start so i would make some trades to get Udonis Haslem here possibly trade Carlos Arroyo. So Otis need to get on his job if he thinks hes done with rebuilding this team. We wouldnt have to talk about getting a 34 yr old Webber if he wouldnt have over paid Lewis. I like Lewis being here but i hate how much it cost to get him here. He should have done the 5 yr 75million then we would have had enough money for Darko and possibly another free agent. So im very worried about the decision making in of Otis Smith. Lineup should be like this Otis:

Nelson

Artest

Lewis

Haslem

Howard

Its fu***** Artest Otis, do what ever it takes, BUT DONT OVER PAY HIM LOL

Guys before everyone just hands the Celtics the title remember there is only 1 ball on the court. All three of those guys need their shoots. At first them may seem ok with sharing but in the end the almighty ego will come out. On paper they are strong but until we play them we dont know jack. Look at Team USA the last couple years, amazing players, future hall of famers but they still lost . Lets see how they play first before giving them anything. They may turn out to be Yankees of the NBA(recent Yanks).

quote:
Originally posted by ravegoblin:

Guys, this debating over the skills of Rajon Rondo is kinda pointless. The proposed trade for Garnett includes Rondo as part of the package. So while this trade would give the Celtics a trio of all-star players, it leaves them without a starting point guard and they give away one of the best young up-and-coming big men in the league. If this trade goes through, they are still not championship caliber until they figure out the pg spot. They have a really thin bench too.

There's a REALLY funny thing about 3 1st team allstars on te quart at once..... They make yer bench players look great. EASY buckets..... This Trio will be AWESOME.....!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

If we could get Chris Webber (however unlikely it is), we'd have an upgrade at nearly every position next season.

New Nelson > Old Nelson

Ariza = Hill

Shard > Hedo

Webber > Battie

New Howard > Old Howard

SVG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brian Hill

Considering all we really needed last season was three-point shooting and a consistent wing scorer, I like how our offseason has gone so far.

Get real...

New Nelson = Old Nelson

Ariza < Hill

Shard > Hedo

Battie = Battie

New Howard = Old Howard

SVG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brian Hill

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

JJZ, I respect your position, if I didn't, I would not respond to it. Let me clearify something, I have read your post, and found myself in agreement with much of what I can recall, basically, when I stated "where do these fareweather fans come from, it is primarily directed at the individual poster who only show up to speak the doom and gloom! Oh we are dead again...etc and mind you, that would be their 3rd or 4th post in 3 years! The individuals that provide valid arguements for their respective position.....I bow at the waist! The best Magic fans in the world can be found here on this board, and for those who provide their opinions, I respect them all, I just tire of the individuals who just show up and don't provide valid argument.....just....well you get the point!!! I look forward to you post! Go Magic!!

Good post, I probably got a little carried away for some reason.

Seeya on the next thread. This one appears to be just about done.

This was in the Boston Globe via hoopshype.com-

The Celtics will send Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Theo Ratliff, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, and two first-round picks to the Timberwolves for Garnett...

The deal would leave Boston with nine players under contract (Allen, Garnett, Pierce, Tony Allen, Kendrick Perkins, Leon Powe, Rajon Rondo, Brian Scalabrine, Brandon Wallace) and in a position where it would need to fill three roster spots to reach the 12-player minimum. The Celtics still have not signed second-round picks Gabe Pruitt and Glen Davis.

That is a BIG gamble.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

This was in the Boston Globe via hoopshype.com-

The Celtics will send Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Theo Ratliff, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, and two first-round picks to the Timberwolves for Garnett...

The deal would leave Boston with nine players under contract (Allen, Garnett, Pierce, Tony Allen, Kendrick Perkins, Leon Powe, Rajon Rondo, Brian Scalabrine, Brandon Wallace) and in a position where it would need to fill three roster spots to reach the 12-player minimum. The Celtics still have not signed second-round picks Gabe Pruitt and Glen Davis.

That is a BIG gamble.

They will need a back up PG and a veteran Big immediately. I can see them targeting PJ Brown or possibly Webber.

They will be paying serious lux tax in a few years.

Thought this would be a really funny/depressing thread to bump. This is the one where the board was split between whether the Magic would be better than the Celtics this year.