Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

Favorite Memory This Season

My favorite memory is that as bad as our record was almost every game was fun to watch and that we saw our young core growing together with some glimpses of greatness to come.

My second favorite memory is that our young Henny actually got us out from under the rock that Otis Smith buried us under cap-wise and has shown us that he and his staff are not afraid to make an unpopular move to make the team better. Henny and his staff have a great eye for talent.

My 3rd favorite memory is that our rookie coach is not afraid to let people with fat contracts ride the pine. I love SVG as a coach but giving all those minutes to JRich and Hedo was one of those things that I just couldn't understand.

My favorite moment of this past season was when the buzzer rang at the end of the 4th quarter of the final game. Nothing to celebrate when we're this bad.

I hope our young guys are developing. I thought that our defense honestly got worse as the season went along, though, and that worries me. That's not the kind of development I'm looking for.

My favorite memory of the season - Dwight Howard saga and a 4-0 sweep by San Antonio with Howard being ejected in game 4. I love that they were a 7 seed and that they were totally routed in the playoffs and Kobe may not be ready next year then there and Steve Nash getting older - I love that the Lakers are getting the Dwight negativity cloud. I am also hoping that the Lakers start a decade of sucking with Dwight leading the way and leading with turnovers and lack of jump shot, and injuries, etc.

Dwight sucks and I'm glad he got swept - I hope that the Lakers fans crucify him. I wish a Grant Hill career for him or worse.

What could top it is if Brian Hill was picked up as the Lakers head coach with Dwight so that they could blame each other for sucking.

My personal fav memory is the Bucks game at the end of the season. Yes we beat the Lakers and yes it was awesome. But the Bucks game was just phenomenal. Vucci and Tobes going bananas and that epic 3P bucket and kneel by Tobes to go along with the taunting dunk at the end... just awesome. To top all of that it was so sweet to see the return of JJ. Man that was a warm welcome, unlike what Dwight got. Yes, I was at the Bucks game. I was also at the Bulls and Celtics games to end the season. I got a mad stare from KG, which was also very high on my 12-13 memory list haha

out of sheer curiosity, is the dubious character denominated YBR in anyone's fond memories? where has he/she been? If I remember correctly, he/she used to say that, no matter where his allegedly tweeting "ace boon coon" would finally end up at, he/she would invariably be around for he/she is the Magic's number one fan ... makes me wonder ...

out of sheer curiosity, is the dubious character denominated YBR in anyone's fond memories? where has he/she been? If I remember correctly, he/she used to say that, no matter where his allegedly tweeting "ace boon coon" would finally end up at, he/she would invariably be around for he/she is the Magic's number one fan ... makes me wonder ...

He likes twitter a lot.

LeBron headlines All-Defensive Team

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9271897/lebron-james-headlines-nba-all-defensive-team

Incredibly, the defensive palyer of the year, Marc Gasol, only made the second team ... and D Coward ain't even on the second team ... now, that.s got to rank pretty high amongst the fond memories of this season ... what do y'all think?

LeBron headlines All-Defensive Team

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9271897/lebron-james-headlines-nba-all-defensive-team

Incredibly, the defensive palyer of the year, Marc Gasol, only made the second team ... and D Coward ain't even on the second team ... now, that.s got to rank pretty high amongst the fond memories of this season ... what do y'all think?

Is it just me or is Lebron severely overrated on defense? They say he can defend all positions but I've only seen him play well against point guards and by that logic then Danny Green should be making the team too.