Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

What is the logical reason in trading down? The salary differences are rather negligible when you're at the top of the lottery. Just pick who you want to pick.

Any combination of paying the player we select less money, possibly dumping a contract, gaining an asset (future draft picks), etc.

What is the logical reason in trading down? The salary differences are rather negligible when you're at the top of the lottery. Just pick who you want to pick.

The difference between the starting salary of the 1st pick compared to the 3rd pick is $1M ($4.5M vs. $3.5) and this continues and grows over the course of the rookie contract. If we can get the guy we want and pay him less, while possibly dumping a contract and/or gaining an asset, why wouldn't we want to do that?

We have done it before when we traded Chris Webber (the #1 pick) for Hardaway (the #3 pick) and 3 future first round picks one of which turned out to be Mike Miller.

Golden State was willing to overpay to get a big they needed badly and we still got the PG we wanted in Hardaway.

I think everyone saying they don't want the No1 pick because we can just "double down", need to think about it. Nothing is guaranteed. Whose to say if we pick 3rd we just 100% magically turn that into multiple picks? I want the No1 pick because it's a GUARANTEE, when nothing else is. Give me the pick of the litter.

I would only trade down to acquire a pick next season. If not its rather pointless.

It would be irresponsible of Henny not trade the pick if we can still get the player we want and pay him less, gain an asset, or dump a contract. Adding a draft pick would be ideal, I'm certainly not arguing that, but any move that puts us in a better position capwise must also be executed

It would be irresponsible of Henny not trade the pick if we can still get the player we want and pay him less, gain an aless, or dump a contract. Adding a draft pick would be ideal, I'm certainly not arguing that, but any move that puts us in a better position capwise must also be executed

I concur with your point. Well done sir.

I think everyone saying they don't want the No1 pick because we can just "double down", need to think about it. Nothing is guaranteed. Whose to say if we pick 3rd we just 100% magically turn that into multiple picks? I want the No1 pick because it's a GUARANTEE, when nothing else is. Give me the pick of the litter.

That's why everyone should want us to get the first pick. You either select exactly who you want or you make someone pay for that priviledge. There's absolutely no advantage in picking 2,3, or 4 unless Henny strategically moves down...in which case we will have gained something

Thankfully its a new day and regardless of who we draft, it will be who this staff thinks is the best fit to help us become the best team we can. I love the fact that everyone has their own idea of who we should draft or trade for, but can we all agree that we are building to something great in the future.

Be thankful...are you kidding...thats the understatement of the year. I am so much more than thankful someone with higher than a third grade level of common sense has taken over. It was obvious Otis knew he was gone and just blew the teams whole wad trying to improve a roster full of garbage. He didnt care what he did to our future and I think thats my main beef with him although it is just the tip of the iceberg. Otis was the worst thing that has ever happened to our team (excluding the Shaq departure). If you dont believe that statement enjoy next years 23 win season.

Be thankful...are you kidding...thats the understatement of the year. I am so much more than thankful someone with higher than a third grade level of common sense has taken over. It was obvious Otis knew he was gone and just blew the teams whole wad trying to improve a roster full of garbage. He didnt care what he did to our future and I think thats my main beef with him although it is just the tip of the iceberg. Otis was the worst thing that has ever happened to our team (excluding the Shaq departure). If you dont believe that statement enjoy next years 23 win season.

I agree with all of this except I think we win 27 next year.

I'm not sure if you agree with me or you are yelling at me lol