Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Okay, so when it doesnt go down... be ready. And if it does, then I will gladly say I was wrong.

I love insiders.

Be ready for what exactly..is that some kind of lame internet threat because I am telling you Hennigan wont give up our 2015 pick?

If it doesnt happen, it doesnt happen. Does not validate what you are saying. You are saying you believe a GM in a press conference 1 day before the draft. Sorry if I find that to be a rather naive viewpoint.

@JohnDenton555

#Magic GM Rob Hennigan said "a half-dozen teams have called with deals to consider" He said there were 3-4 trades being seriously considered

Okay, so when it doesnt go down... be ready. And if it does, then I will gladly say I was wrong.

I love insiders.

No one said its definitely happening. What we said essentially is that you shouldn't believe everything you read/hear right now, regardless of whether it's the GM of a team or a beat writer. Let me ask you this, what would Hennigan gain by saying, "yes we've been in ongoing discussions with the Clippers"? Its a rhetorical question, the answer is absolutely nothing.

Catman do you know about any other deals? Kyler tweeted we are being aggressive in making a deal that's bigger than the Bledsoe deal

Most would probably consider anything involving the #2 pick as "bigger than the Bledsoe deal"

By the way, if something doesn't happen by Draft night doesn't mean something couldn't happen later on.

Like I said before, if I was the Clippers I would NOT do this trade until after CP3 signs on the dotted line anyway. Bledsoe will still have high value all the way until the start of the season, October 31st. Because until then the team that trades for him can still lock him up long term if they want.

Besides, have we learned nothing from Otis? I wouldn't put more than 50 percent stock into anything Rob said, especially the day before the draft! Take all rumors with a gain of salt, more so the closer we get to Thursday.

I just came away really confident that one way or another, Rob has done his homework on this draft and then some.

In short, I agree with Catman.

One obvious talk is with Minny.

Another is with Phoenix to grab oladpo and go down.

What happens is the teams will say"if we take this guy at #2 for you, here is what we want back..". Thats easy conversation and not too complicated.

The thing about it, you have to wait until the pick. If Noel is there, that changes everything. The proposed trade could be off. Thats when things get complex. So you have to try and guess what Cleveand will do so you are prepped for any scenario.

That is why you hear so many trade rumors..because teams just try and get loose deals together and tighten them up or dissolve them right up until the draft pick.

No, the trade details

It would purely be speculative unless you actually believe beat writers or "sources close to the team". Journalism be damned!