Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Alright.. here's my "big board"

1. Noel (I believe!)

2a. Oladipo

2b. McLemore

4. Trade down

It's still so razor thin for me between Olapido & McLemore. I would want them just as much as Noel if we trade Afflalo. With Ben you've got the shooting that we really need, but his mentality makes me nervous. Olapido seems to have all the intangibles, the defense, and what I like about him is he seems to have a low "bust" potential.

I think Noel has a chance to prove a lot of doubters wrong, and also be a good fit with Vucevic. Also the fact that he can't help us for a couple months can't exactly help our record, and if we want to be bad one more year well...

I'm not high on the trading down.. I'm hoping what we've heard is mostly smoke, and/or Henny doing his due diligence. I just hope if he does move down someone sure as hell makes it worth the Magic's while, because I view this draft as falling off a cliff for the most part before it even gets to ten. Of course I trust Henny's judgment on this stuff a heck of a lot more than my own so...

My number one scenario is Bledsoe, Butler, and Olapido/McLemore getting fitted for Magic jerseys by the end (or start) of the weekend. Fingers crossed!

My number one scenario is Bledsoe, Butler, and Olapido/McLemore getting fitted for Magic jerseys by the end (or start) of the weekend. Fingers crossed!

Absolutely, I like the way you think

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/6/26/4432688/nba-draft-2013-orlando-magic-preview

Really good draft preview for the Magic.. also good article on the state of our roster as it stands.

From the article linked by Skywise,

"Otto Porter (scouting report) of Georgetown is another player Hennigan has to be looking hard at, if only to keep his options open. Porter can serve as a point forward at times and is incredibly versatile, something you can't say about Harris and Harkless, who, although talented, already have the look of classic "tweeners.""

Really? Harkless is a straight up SF and just because Harris has the ability to play either forward position doesn't make him a classic "tweener". To me a tweener is a guy who CAN'T play either position, not a guy who CAN play both

• Upvote 1

The article mentions Fran so I had to pull this up...

Jajajaja!!! Nice!

Who is that kid??? I take him with our second round.

From the article linked by Skywise,

"Otto Porter (scouting report) of Georgetown is another player Hennigan has to be looking hard at, if only to keep his options open. Porter can serve as a point forward at times and is incredibly versatile, something you can't say about Harris and Harkless, who, although talented, already have the look of classic "tweeners.""

Really? Harkless is a straight up SF and just because Harris has the ability to play either forward position doesn't make him a classic "tweener". To me a tweener is a guy who CAN'T play either position, not a guy who CAN play both

Indeed, I've always understood a tweener to be someone who isn't suited for either forward position, but good enough to stay on the floor. Then you mix in Harkless's ability to play 2 and you've got a real head-scratcher of an analysis here...