Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Like most everyone else, I would be quite alright with Dipo or Benny. At the very least, they'll turn into solid role players with particular specializations. But I do wonder whether one of them can still be had a handful of picks lower if Cleveland goes with a forward or a big.

That being said, with 6 days and 17 minutes left before the draft, I'm officially settled on my endorsement for the Chernobyl Churner - Alex Len - with our 2nd pick (I'm still open to other nicknames) :D

Here's my take on MY TOP 5 PLAYERS IN THE DRAFT:

1a. Victor Oladipo, SG

Positives: Athletiscm is off the charts and his defense is NBA ready. Can guard opposing teams' 1 to 3 position. Offensive game improved every year he was at Indiana. Played 3 years of college basketball and just turned 21 a little over a month ago. Strong work ethic, wants and works to get better at his game which is something you can't teach. Reminds me of Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, or DeMarr Derozan coming out of college. What I mean by that is they were physical gifted athletes coming out of college with limited offensive skills but have worked hard to become the players they are now. Good size for an NBA shooting guard at 6'5" with shoes and weight at 215 lbs. Major Upside with a possbilitiy of being a 20-22 points, 5 rebs, and 5 asst per night player. Defensive 1st team capability and very mature for his age.

Negatives: Shooting isn't NBA ready but could possibly be very good with his work ethic. Ball handling needs work

Best case scenario: Dwayne Wade

Worst case scenario: Tony Allen

1b. Ben McLemore, SG

Positives: Can shoot the lights out and can be unstoppable when hot. He has to be accounted for at all times on the court because he's not the player that you want to leave open. Great athlete with upside to be an above average defender. Doesn't have the work ethic of Oladipo but IMO could be the best player coming out of this draft if he really wanted to be. Good FT shooter at this point in his career and could be top 5 percentage wise in the NBA at season's end. Could be an allstar by his second or third season in the NBA. Tremendous upside

Negatives: Can be a bit passive on the court at times and needs to be more aggressive. Being the good FT shooter he is I'd like to see him attack the basket a bit more. Ball handling needs work. A little immature

Best case scenario: Ray Allen

Worst case scenario: O.J. Mayo

3. Anthony Bennett, F

Positives: Bennett is an intelligent basketball player. Is a scoring machine with above average ball handling skills for his size. Can play the 3 or 4 position in the NBA. Although he's only 6'7", Bennett has a 7'1" wingspan. Plays well around the basket and can also hit the 3 ball consistently. Uses his body well and is very strong. Decent passer. Only 19 years of age and hasn't even touched on how good he can be. Soft Hands and great footwork

Negatives: A little undersized for the PF position but could play when teams go with smaller lineups. Needs to work on FT shooting and could also work on defensive rebounding. Needs to make better decision making with his shot selection. Top 3 talent IMO but not having a true position may hurt draft stock.

Best case scenario: Paul Pierce

Worst case scenario: Paul Milsap

4. Trey Burke, PG

Positives: NBA ready PG to start from day one. Great ball handling skills, can score, and makes people around him better. Assertive and knows how to take over a game. Not elite size but stands 6'1" with shoes on which is average for a PG. Can make free throws and has an NBA range 3 pt shot. Makes good decisions

Negatives: Not a great athlete. Decent quickness for a smaller PG but doesn't have the explosive speed of a Paul, Irving, or a Lawson. Not sure how much better he's going to get. May make 2 or 3 allstars in his career but not much more.

Best case scenario: Jameer Nelson (but better defensively)

Worst case scenario: Raymond Felton

5. Otto Porter, SF

Positives: Starter from day one. Very good scorer with great basketball intangibles. Very smart player that wont committ many turnovers. Not a flashy player but gets the job done. Great size and strength for the small forward position. Good defender with potential to get better due to his length. What you see is what you get out of Porter.

Negatives: Could work on FT shooting but there's not much negativity to Porter's game other than the opinion that he may not get much better than what he is.

Best case scenario: Danny Granger

Worst case scenario: Chandler Parsons

I think you're being a little too optimistic. Some of those "worst case scenarios" are pretty good players. Oladipo is probably the only guy that doesn't have the risk of being a complete bust.

Any chance someone could photoshop

Ben mac

Oladipo

Noel

In a magic uni please?

For what it's worth I want us to draft Mclemore.

He has top class shooting, speed and from what I can see at least a decent defender and has great hops.

He will improve. The kid screams all star all day long IMO.

Any chance someone could photoshop

Ben mac

Oladipo

Noel

In a magic uni please?

For what it's worth I want us to draft Mclemore.

He has top class shooting, speed and from what I can see at least a decent defender and has great hops.

He will improve. The kid screams all star all day long IMO.

All 3? Or one photoshop per guy?

I can do it around Monday

All 3? Or one photoshop per guy?

I can do it around Monday

One per if you can. Be interesting to see what they look like.

If we aren't gonna trade and get Bledsoe then I want us to trade down and get Burke or McCollum. If we do make the trade I want Ben or Dipo. Another move I want us to make is trade back in later and draft Ricardo Ledo but only if the price is right. I'm just ready for the draft and I wont be upset unless we draft Bennett or Porter.

I think at this point Henny could redraft Fran and we'd all still support his decision :D/>/>

Let's not get carried away here...although I would get a tramp stamp of hennigan if he got Fran to come over :D

• Upvote 1

Some nice highlights coming out of the USA U19 scrimmages including this gem by Aaron Gordon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0k-dmIVy5k

Aside from that Jahlil Okafor (Top college recruit in 2014, most likely top 5 draft pick in 2015) has some great post moves for a guy his age, it's a shame we'll (hopefully) be too good to get near him in 2015. ( you can see some of his play on the full scrimmage vid at draftexpress.com)