Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

If we don't take BMac at #2 then I'm now kinda leaning towards trading down and targeting C.J. McCollum. I didnt like him at first just cause he was from a small school but the more and more I read or see on this guy the more I like him. McCollum, Hark, and Harris on the court together could be fun to watch.

I would like for us to take dipo or Mac and if C.J. is there at #9 trade the #2 pick to minn for Williams and #9. I'm not crazy about williams but Williams and C.J. > dipo or mac

• Upvote 1

I've continued to warm up more and more to olidipo. Him or B-Mac and I'm happy. No one else would I really be thrilled with. Both players have their areas of concern but give me either of them over anyone else in this draft everyday of the week.

• Upvote 4

I would be upset if we picked Lamb over McLemore. McLemore is going to be nasty. A true starting SG.

We could easily buy #13 and get whomever.

Hell, I'd rather have Noel and then Shabazz at 13 if CLE takes Len.

I like that second part. I think Shabazz could be the best wing in this draft so I'd happily take Noel or Burke at 2 if I knew I could get Shabazz at 13. Chad Ford has him going to the Celtics at 16 in his latest mock.

Why do you all keep mentioning the 13th pick? The pick is owned by Dallas. Is this another trade idea one of you put out there and the rest are talking about it as it is set in stone? Enlighten me please.

• Upvote 2

supposedly dallas wants to dump that pick to save cap space right not to make runs at cp3 d12 and they don't want anything but straight up cap savings...and we got tpe's galore. so there is a prevailing thought that we have interest in mid range guys and that the dallas pick can be had this year

???

What are you talking about? Lamb was compared to Reggie Miller coming out just last year. He was a rookie buried behind Thabo and Kmart on a championship caliber team. He was drafted by an analytics obsessed team (Houston) and then traded for by an analytics obsessed team (OKC). To write him off this soon is silly.

Would I take Burke and Lamb for BMac and somehow dumping Baby, for instance? Yes. However, I think this is a moot argument because it seems Henny is after Bledsoe.

As a uconn fan I can confirm that lamb is no Reggie miller. I could see him with the ceiling of Kevin Martin but knowing what we know now I don't think he'll be a rotation guy

Why do you all keep mentioning the 13th pick? The pick is owned by Dallas. Is this another trade idea one of you put out there and the rest are talking about it as it is set in stone? Enlighten me please.

Yea the way this board talks you would think that's our pick. I don't doubt Dallas would be willing to move the pick, but you don't just give the No 13 overall pick away for nothing. To act like were just going to get that pick is so premature to me. I mean people are actually saying things like "who do we take at 13"?

Let's worry about that if and when we get the pick. Which is a big if.

Yea the way this board talks you would think that's our pick. I don't doubt Dallas would be willing to move the pick, but you don't just give the No 13 overall pick away for nothing. To act like were just going to get that pick is so premature to me. I mean people are actually saying things like "who do we take at 13"?

I think it's just a fun hypothetical as we've discussed the #2 pick to death. Plus I dont think (if that trade does go down) it would happen until during the draft.

Yeah, I doubt the Mavs would be willing to do us any favors after the whole Gortat free agency situation.

The reason Lamb didn't play was because he was a rookie behind Thabo and KMart on a championship caliber team. Dude has plenty of Rip Hamilton in him, in my opinion. Is he worth #2 plus #12 and a dumped contract? Sounds pretty intriguing to me.

Where does it say OKC is interested in #2?

dear god no he's not.