Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Maybe you missed the part about seeing who is available at #12 BEFORE making the trade.

A talented player always seems to slide down the board every year for no real reason.

Why not just keep McLemore/Oladipo (who are probably considerably better than Lamb) and get the #13 from Dallas almost for free?

Maybe you missed the part about seeing who is available at #12 BEFORE making the trade.

A talented player always seems to slide down the board every year for no real reason.

ok but still we would trade probably the most athletic player in the draft with a good upside for Lamb who might as well play in the D league and a prayer for a good player at 13. We don't have the luxury to just give away #2 pick or player for garbage like Miami can we are rebuilding and that move would be the exact opposite of that.

• Upvote 1

Why not just keep McLemore/Oladipo (who are probably considerably better than Lamb) and get the #13 from Dallas almost for free?

I like that option better as well but what happens if OKC takes the guy you really want? Just saying I believe Henny will keep all options open in this draft.

He is building on the Spurs/OKC model of taking advantage of value when it presents itself.

I like that option better as well but what happens if OKC takes the guy you really want? Just saying I believe Henny will keep all options open in this draft.

He is building on the Spurs/OKC model of taking advantage of value when it presents itself.

What player could OKC take at #13 that we couldn't get at #2??

What player could OKC take at #13 that we couldn't get at #2??

If you don't like Lamb then none of this will ever make any sense but he did tear up the summer leagues last year and has been stuck on the bench similiar to what happened to Tobias Harris.

Let's say Burke is still on the board at #12.

Burke and Lamb for McLemore? Not even sure if I would do it but Henny might.

I had barely heard of Harris before the trade but Henny does his homework and knew he just needed a chance.

If you don't like Lamb then none of this will ever make any sense but he did tear up the summer leagues last year and has been stuck on the bench similiar to what happened to Tobias Harris.

Let's say Burke is still on the board at #12.

Burke and Lamb for McLemore? Not even sure if I would do it but Henny might.

I had barely heard of Harris before the trade but Henny does his homework and knew he just needed a chance.

I am sorry but when you are buried on a bench behind Kevin Martin and Ronnie Brewer there is a reason for that. The Tobias Harris deal was more to do with the coach not wanting to play him for no reason.

Again so you would be trading McLemore for a prayer in lamb and an ok Pg in Burke.. Its not that I don't like Lamb but your comparing a player that went through college already and had to go to the D League to get time or a Player who is projected a top 5 pick out of college with unreal talent.

I would be upset if we picked Lamb over McLemore. McLemore is going to be nasty. A true starting SG.

We could easily buy #13 and get whomever.

Hell, I'd rather have Noel and then Shabazz at 13 if CLE takes Len.

I am sorry but when you are buried on a bench behind Kevin Martin and Ronnie Brewer there is a reason for that. The Tobias Harris deal was more to do with the coach not wanting to play him for no reason.

Again so you would be trading McLemore for a prayer in lamb and an ok Pg in Burke.. Its not that I don't like Lamb but your comparing a player that went through college already and had to go to the D League to get time or a Player who is projected a top 5 pick out of college with unreal talent.

???

What are you talking about? Lamb was compared to Reggie Miller coming out just last year. He was a rookie buried behind Thabo and Kmart on a championship caliber team. He was drafted by an analytics obsessed team (Houston) and then traded for by an analytics obsessed team (OKC). To write him off this soon is silly.

Would I take Burke and Lamb for BMac and somehow dumping Baby, for instance? Yes. However, I think this is a moot argument because it seems Henny is after Bledsoe.

???

What are you talking about? Lamb was compared to Reggie Miller coming out just last year. He was a rookie buried behind Thabo and Kmart on a championship caliber team. He was drafted by an analytics obsessed team (Houston) and then traded for by an analytics obsessed team (OKC). To write him off this soon is silly.

Would I take Burke and Lamb for BMac and somehow dumping Baby, for instance? Yes. However, I think this is a moot argument because it seems Henny is after Bledsoe.

You can compare him to Reggie Miller all you want but if he is that good then why is he sitting behind 3 people on the bench?? I am not writing him off, I am just saying at this point we can't wait around for him to play well. So taking McLemore would be the best decision and going from there. And Big Baby is the least of our problems lets get rid of Aflalo and Nicholson first..

Regardless I think we all want the Magic to make the best move possible and are fuming from all the terrible moves Otis made

According to Chad Ford's Latest Mock...

Pick #2-Victor Oladipo

Analysis: The Magic are in the hunt for Eric Bledsoe. If they can address their point guard issue via trade, they're free to take the best player available at this spot. Indiana's Victor Oladipo and KU's Ben McLemore are widely seen as the two best fits in Orlando. While McLemore might have more pure upside, I continue to hear that Oladipo has the upper hand. McLemore was in Orlando last week, but according to multiple accounts, his workout wasn't terrific. Noel is a strong possibility, too, if he doesn't go No. 1 to the Cavs....

Pick #5-Ben McLemore

Analysis: McLemore remains in the top 5, but I'm starting to have my doubts. I love the talent. But his lack of preparation for the draft is hurting him. Multiple sources told me that his workout in Phoenix was not impressive; he wasn't in shape, and he struggled to keep up in the workout. I heard similar things in Orlando. McLemore is in a tug-of-war right now between adviser Rodney Blackstock and his agency Rivals. It's kept McLemore out of the gym and for the most part, out of workouts. How much will all of this affect the draft stock? I'm told teams are worried. But how worried? Enough for one of the most talented players in the draft to slide further? If the Suns pass on McLemore, both C.J. McCollum and Michael Carter-Williams are possibilities here.

http://insider.espn....d-mock-draft-50

BMac obviously has talent but is getting crushed in the draft process.