Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Even Vladimir doesn't believe you're serious.

headline17745.jpg

I don't think it's that far fetched. A big with a bum knee or a big with a bum foot? Take your pick. Len will be the better NBA player I'm confident in that. And again maybe I'm just trying to say this to make myself feel better about getting McLemore, but I don't see the Cavs using the No1 overall pick on a SG when they used the No4 overall pick last year on a SG, a better SG at that.

The whole "well that will be their 6th man" talk doesn't make sense to me. You worry about getting a 6th man when you have your starting lineup set. The Cavs have no SF or C, I don't see justifying drafting a SG to have your "6th" man when you do not even have your starting lineup yet.

I think Cavs go Noel, Porter or Len plain and simple. And how often is the No1 overall pick traded? I don't see that happening either. Maybe Washington tries to, to get Noel because that would make sense but idk.

• Upvote 1

Anthony Bennett is meeting with the Magic today.

Thats one guy that I have paid 0% to. I don't think we would take him so I havent looked into him at all.

I think Len and even Steve Adams will be better NBA centers.

I think Len for sure. Adams is an eh for me. He has a great build but Idk if he is better than a healthy Noel.

I saw Len play earlier this year, don't really understand the hype building for him. He didn't seem like anything special. I dunno, maybe its just me.

I am sure they are just doing homework on Bennett is case we move down and our main targets are gone. Don't see us picking up another combo forward though.

interesting development that got me thinking... apparently paul and howard want to play together. Now, before this takes off into another epic cp3 thread, it is their preference to play together in LA.. for the clippers. Initially I just thought how funny it would be if the lakers were forced to trade howard (or lose him for nothing), then had to see him play in their building for the clips.

But then I realized how it could affect us. The lakers owe those picks to pheonix, hence making our pick wait til 2017. What if in the sign and trade for howard, they get a couple of the clippers picks? Could they use those to supply pheonix, then moving our pick closer to the present? It's mind boggling, kind of like time travel, only more complicated because there's NBA drafts to consider as well. Anyone with any insite to this please elaborate.

• Upvote 1

Alright Magic fans...

List your top five in the draft for the Magic right now. Ready go!!!

My current list:

1. Ben McLemore

2. Nerlens Noel

3. Trey Burke

4. Otto Porter

5. Victor Oladipo

I'll go Oli

Maclemore

Noel

beyond that, doesn't really matter. Actually, any of those guys would be fine: we're not going to be aiming to win a 'ship next year, anyways. Even Noel could conceivably take a season to REALLY get that knee NBA-ready.

Len should probably be up there somewhere, but I really don't know enough about him.

Alright Magic fans...

List your top five in the draft for the Magic right now. Ready go!!!

My current list:

1. Ben McLemore

2. Nerlens Noel

3. Trey Burke

4. Otto Porter

5. Victor Oladipo

I wanted Noel for a good while but I don't think he's worth the risk when there are a ton of good PFs in 2014.

B-Mac is my #1 and after that the only lottery player I'd want is Dennis Schröder (maybe with Dallas' pick) because of his style of play.

Burke is too similar to Jameer and Oladipo and Porter wouldn't have that much of an impact IMO. Harkless and Harris are probably better fits than those 2

I'd still like to get a backup SG like Tim Hardaway Jr late in the 1st because Moore and Jones won't cut it.