Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Sure he could start, if the idea is to suck

Ouch, that's a lot of hate for a 19th overall pick. Not everyone turns into a Harkless, people :P

Absolutely, he was very strong in the summer and showed up for a few games in the season. Perhaps I'm not quite understanding what you mean by "could be a starter?"

Showing up for a few games and looking good in summer league does not a starter make, especially when you have better options (again, unless the goal is to blatantly lose at all costs)

Ouch, that's a lot of hate for a 19th overall pick. Not everyone turns into a Harkless, people :P/>

What does where he was picked matter? He's got a decent low post game, can't defend, can't rebound. First overall pick, 2nd rounder, FA pick-up...makes no difference. He is what he is. It's not hate its just reality

Yep you're right, there is no reason to expect a 23 year old with a whole whopping season under his belt to improve in the most basic areas.

What does where he was picked matter? He's got a decent low post game, can't defend, can't rebound. First overall pick, 2nd rounder, FA pick-up...makes no difference. He is what he is. It's not hate its just reality

Kazzaammmm and the law has been laid. Could not have said it better myself.

As far as the 6th man goes I think Harkless would be the better six man, but I would rather him start. I think Hark has the most upside on the team. I think he starts at 2 if he take dipo or he starts at 3 if we take BMac. Harris would be great off the bench if that a role he wants to play.

I agree about dipo being a 6th man of the year guy right away though. I told my friend thats a grizzlies fan that yesterday. He is Tony Allen before he hurt his knee.

Having said that here is two line-ups that would make me happy going into the 2014 season.

Bledsoe/Kabongo

B-Mac/Lamb

Harkless/Harris

Randle/Nicholson

Vucevic/Dakari Johnson

Bledsoe/2014 draft pick/free agent

Harkless/Dipo

Wiggins/Harris

Robinson/Nicholson

Vucevic/Dakari Johnson

I really like the second line-up better after looking at it. Crap I may switch my stances and go pro dipo now. I think a young team like that might help pull in a kevin love in 2015 (at least I think thats when he is a FA)

How the hell are people hating on Nicholson now? His had one season and you're mad because he has weaknesses? I guess no one in the NBA ever improves after their first season. Also don't give me that crap about his lack of athletism when a 38 year old Tim Duncan can make the all NBA first team.

• Upvote 1

I can't say that I really disagree with you, but I wouldn't say that the prospect of him becoming a starter is outlandish. Not every player on the team has to be a star or have tremendous upside. As everyone keeps mentioning, if he were to develop his mid range and defense, Nicholson could become a solid "sidekick" sort of player for a team with a good big man. That being said, whether Vooch reaches that level or not, I still do not see their games meshing all that well. Perhaps such is the reason for posters forgetting about Drew in their future plans ;)/>/>/>/>

Drew already has a very good mid range game. He needs to do better passing and defense. He scoring ability is really good. He does have the ability to be a 15-20pt scorer. He has the back to the basket game and the range on his shot. His min are cut because of the lack of defense, his fouling, and bad choices once double teamed.

Vooch is better overall and has a bigger upside, so the best sidekick for nick would be a player like Baby or another defender/rebounder/hustle guy.

[On a new direction] I did not think harris played bad defense. I though he showed the ability to play defense on both pfs and sfs. I did have issues with some bigs but he did really well. Harris had 1.5 blocks and 8.5 rebound. I thought he showed the ability to play next to Nick and create mismatches on the offensive end.

We do need to play better defense, so a player like victor would help guard 2 spots (pgs and sgs). I dont think Harkless played great on defense. He did show flashes. He got blocks and steals, but he had issues with rotations and keeping his man in front of him. Harkless has the tools to be a good defender but he has to improve a lot. His offense was showing very good signs, but his defense got worst. He started to use his energy more to score but I would rather him be a lock down defender 1st.

As far as the 6th man goes I think Harkless would be the better six man, but I would rather him start. I think Hark has the most upside on the team. I think he starts at 2 if he take dipo or he starts at 3 if we take BMac. Harris would be great off the bench if that a role he wants to play.

I agree about dipo being a 6th man of the year guy right away though. I told my friend thats a grizzlies fan that yesterday. He is Tony Allen before he hurt his knee.

Having said that here is two line-ups that would make me happy going into the 2014 season.

Bledsoe/Kabongo

B-Mac/Lamb

Harkless/Harris

Randle/Nicholson

Vucevic/Dakari Johnson

Bledsoe/2014 draft pick/free agent

Harkless/Dipo

Wiggins/Harris

Robinson/Nicholson

Vucevic/Dakari Johnson

I really like the second line-up better after looking at it. Crap I may switch my stances and go pro dipo now. I think a young team like that might help pull in a kevin love in 2015 (at least I think thats when he is a FA)

Harkless is not better than harris

Vooch and Harris are neck and neck for best players on the team.

• Upvote 1

How the hell are people hating on Nicholson now? His had one season and you're mad because he has weaknesses? I guess no one in the NBA ever improves after their first season. Also don't give me that crap about his lack of athletism when a 38 year old Tim Duncan can make the all NBA first team.

When did it become "hating" or "being mad" to honestly point out a players flaws?