Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Let me clarify something here with Noel. According to reports, he had an acl tear and was repaired successfully. As long as that is accurate, he will be able to perform at a high level without a significant problem. He is young and should heal rather quickly.

As a physician, i can reassure you that if this is the only problem he had, he will be 100%.

An acl repair will cause only functional issues which could be address with intense therapy.

Now, if he had some associated meniscal injury, the rehab and prognosis is different. This, even when repaired, can still cause future stability issues as well as potential further injuries down the road. He currently weights around 220 pounds, so extra 30-40 pounds he might eventually need to be nba body ready can adversively affect his knees.

Lets not forget that dwight had also knee issues coming out of high school and he is still doing well.

Again, ACL injury only go for it and take him without any doubt. You might need him to rest him and rehab for at least 12 months.

ACL plus other potential injuries(meniscus, other ligaments) considering his weight and how active he is- I will pass. That is my personal and likely most MD opinion.

Alright so just a thought what do ya'll think.

So say we get Dallas's 13th pick and still have out #2 pick.

We take McLemore with the 2 and take Eric Green who is highly underrated with the 13th.

Yes I'm sure many people have not heard of Green but he is slowly showing up on a lot of GM's radar screens as a good PG off the bench/ to be groomed by a veteran.

I could see Green or Schroeder, only thing on Schroeder is that he seems to be a little too wild kinda like a rondo but gets the job done. I would feel a little more comfortable with a guy who has played 4 years of College and every year improved a tremendous amount. ACC Player of the Year on the WORST team in the ACC says a lot to me.

Let me clarify something here with Noel. According to reports, he had an acl tear and was repaired successfully. As long as that is accurate, he will be able to perform at a high level without a significant problem. He is young and should heal rather quickly.

As a physician, i can reassure you that if this is the only problem he had, he will be 100%.

An acl repair will cause only functional issues which could be address with intense therapy.

Now, if he had some associated meniscal injury, the rehab and prognosis is different. This, even when repaired, can still cause future stability issues as well as potential further injuries down the road. He currently weights around 220 pounds, so extra 30-40 pounds he might eventually need to be nba body ready can adversively affect his knees.

Lets not forget that dwight had also knee issues coming out of high school and he is still doing well.

Again, ACL injury only go for it and take him without any doubt. You might need him to rest him and rehab for at least 12 months.

ACL plus other potential injuries(meniscus, other ligaments) considering his weight and how active he is- I will pass. That is my personal and likely most MD opinion.

ACL tear + broken growth plate in the same knee (i?) + staple padding on both knees

Meniscal concerns aside, how likely is it that NBA docs would be able to spot structural irregularities or disproportionate ligaments through xrays and scans?

Alright so just a thought what do ya'll think.

So say we get Dallas's 13th pick and still have out #2 pick.

We take McLemore with the 2 and take Eric Green who is highly underrated with the 13th.

Yes I'm sure many people have not heard of Green but he is slowly showing up on a lot of GM's radar screens as a good PG off the bench/ to be groomed by a veteran.

I could see Green or Schroeder, only thing on Schroeder is that he seems to be a little too wild kinda like a rondo but gets the job done. I would feel a little more comfortable with a guy who has played 4 years of College and every year improved a tremendous amount. ACC Player of the Year on the WORST team in the ACC says a lot to me.

I wouldn't pick green at 13 as he's going to be there at least 10 picks later, but if you're going to bet on a guy, the guy who averaged 25 ppg on 48/39/80 is not a bad bet

I've got to think McCollum is really in the mix. His ability to score and shoot are nasty. I believe he's a sleeper if we move back.

I've got to think McCollum is really in the mix. His ability to score and shoot are nasty. I believe he's a sleeper if we move back.

Yes, I agree. Has he worked out for us yet?

Yes, I agree. Has he worked out for us yet?

Yep, I posted an article about him sometime last week and he said he had worked out with the Magic and he really enjoyed Orlando.

Yep, I posted an article about him sometime last week and he said he had worked out with the Magic and he really enjoyed Orlando.

Cool, I missed that. I like McCollum at #9 and D. Williams better than anyone available at #2...if that makes any sense

I could buy that, although I'm not so familiar with Len. Noel strikes me as a more defensive-minded Camby without the offensive repertoire, mainly because of the health issue Camby struggled with throughout his career. Great player....when he was healthy.

Although the science of rehabbing knees has gotten a lot better since those days, it's still something. I could see someone taking a flyer on him #5 or higher, but I agree Noel's a little risky to go #1: could be another Oden.

I rather risk a another big at around 30th pick. Give me jeff witney and the 5th pick and I am good to go. Bmac, burk, or ben will fall, plus a project big.

You may not agree but I feel quite strongly about it given his myriad of weaknesses. The only thing he does well is spot-up shoot from deep and finish well in transition. In spite of his much touted athleticism he's a poor defender, doesn't get steals, and was a bad finisher in the halfcourt. Not to mention his awful handle and total inability to create on his own. There's just so much that needs to go right for McLemore for him to be decent and with all these factors as well as his questionable motor, it would be an amazing turnaround if it happened. Granted, it certainly could happen just like how Andre Drummond somehow played worse against college players than NBA players. But I'm not gonna bet on it.

There are a lot of NBA veterans that have carved out decent careers by shooting the 3 well and finishing well in transition. If his current skills translate to the NBA game and he develops into a decent defensive player - which is certainly possible with his athleticism and length - then he has a chance to have a lengthy career. There is a big jump from saying that he isn't worth the second overall pick and saying that you would be shocked if he could become an average NBA player. The second statement seems a little crazy to me.

A healthy Noel would be a great asset for us. Our interior defense stinks

I don't understand this either. The kid weighs 205 pounds and has narrow shoulders that leads most people to believe that he won't be able to add much bulk. I don't know how any 205 pound center could be an effective defender when the player he is defending will outweigh him by at least 30 pounds every single night. Teams would be posting him up as soon as he made his way out to the arena for warm-ups. I can already see mediocre centers like DeAndre Jordan calling for the ball with him sealed under the rim.

There are a lot of NBA veterans that have carved out decent careers by shooting the 3 well and finishing well in transition. If his current skills translate to the NBA game and he develops into a decent defensive player - which is certainly possible with his athleticism and length - then he has a chance to have a lengthy career. There is a big jump from saying that he isn't worth the second overall pick and saying that you would be shocked if he could become an average NBA player. The second statement seems a little crazy to me.

I see Bmac as a JR Smith or Jason Richardson. I dont see him having the motor, instincts, or competitiveness to be a good defender. But I must agree with his shooting ability. He will be a big time spacer and a transition player. He will have a solid career - just like JR Smith and Jason Richardson.