Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Worst record in the league not resonating? Bad teams and bad franchises aren't the same thing.

....Okay, What was our record before Glen Davis was injured, compared to everyone else?

Your making it easier than what it seams... reasoning behind 20wins. We had injuries at top positions.

....Okay, What was our record before Glen Davis was injured, compared to everyone else?

Your making it easier than what it seams... reasoning behind 20wins. We had injuries at top positions.

If you're really going to rationalize it by saying Glen Davis was the difference between the playoffs and the worst record in the NBA, then that's your prerogative.

My_Prerogative_Bobby_Brown.JPG

It's silly, but it's your choice.

In every sport, every season, multiple teams get off to relatively hot starts then fade into oblivion. That's the point of having long seasons. The numbers work themselves out at the end.

• Upvote 4

If you're really going to rationalize it by saying Glen Davis was the difference between the playoffs and the worst record in the NBA, then that's your prerogative.

My_Prerogative_Bobby_Brown.JPG

It's silly, but it's your choice.

In every sport, every season, multiple teams get off to relatively hot starts then fade into oblivion. That's the point of having long seasons. The numbers work themselves out at the end.

True, the Bobcats also had a pretty decent start.

Orlando was 14-28 before the Glen Davis Injury, 4 other teams had worst records with one of them being Washington and their outstanding 11-31 record. After Glen (missed 48 games) went down we only won 6 games. This is also taking into account other players missing time as well. Nelson (missed 26 games) was injured, and so was Arron (missed 16 games).

Just saying that maybe our 20wins has a deeper context... you know more to the story.

But back to drafting.....

• Upvote 1

Orlando was 14-28 before the Glen Davis Injury, 4 other teams had worst records with one of them being Washington and their outstanding 11-31 record. After Glen (missed 48 games) went down we only won 6 games. This is also taking into account other players missing time as well. Nelson (missed 26 games) was injured, and so was Arron (missed 16 games).

Just saying that maybe our 20wins has a deeper context... you know more to the story.

But back to drafting.....

We were 12-13 (before he was injured) when we lost 10 straight. We then won 2 out of our next 3, followed by a 12 game losing streak. Context is great, especially when it's the actual context.

We were bad with and without Glen Davis.

• Upvote 1

We were 12-13 (before he was injured) when we lost 10 straight. We then won 2 out of our next 3, followed by a 12 game losing streak. Context is great, especially when it's the actual context.

We were bad with and without Glen Davis.

Wait.. didnt Glen break his foot on Jan 29th?... my bust Glen broke it during the Knicks game on the 30th.... What was that record again?

Wait.. didnt Glen break his foot on Jan 29th?... my bust Glen broke it during the Knicks game on the 30th.... What was that record again?

We were 14-30 going into the game with the Knicks in which he was injured. We were on a 5 game skid going in, and we already had a 10 game losing streak before that.

Look.... If we had a full man roster with no significant injuries and still only pulled out 20wins.... Then I would be rowing the same water way with the rest of you guys.

Im not trying to be a pain in the butt, just trying to balance out the story line.

But the reality is that we had injuries that effected us in the win column, and trade column. No I dont believe we would of had a huge amount of more wins, but I do believe that some of those close ones could of been ours with a full squad. We certainly could of done better than 6 wins in the second half of the season.

So its hard for me to join you all in the "take talent" who cares about anything else crowd. I still love you guys though.

• Upvote 3

Look.... If we had a full man roster with no significant injuries and still only pulled out 20wins.... Then I would be rowing the same water way with the rest of you guys.

Im not trying to be a pain in the butt, just trying to balance out the story line.

But the reality is that we had injuries that effected us in the win column, and trade column. No I dont believe we would of had a huge amount of more wins, but I do believe that some of those close ones could of been ours with a full squad. We certainly could of done better than 6 wins in the second half of the season.

So its hard for me to join you all in the "take talent" who cares about anything else crowd. I still love you guys though.

Dude your losing this battle lol I agree with what you said a few posts ago though, let's get back to drafting.

• Upvote 2

You're kind of fixated on "whys" and "what ifs" when you should be doing this regardless:

MIj6o.gif

Losing was the best option once the franchise player left the building. We had to unload salary and acquire as many prospects as possible. You draft talent because you want to give yourself as many options as possible with trades and free agency. You might love Tobias Harris, but if we can draft someone we project to be better at the same position, we have the option of moving one of them later for something else. This is how you competently build teams.

You can't develop a system until you have a core group of guys you're confident is here to stay.

• Upvote 1

This has probably been mentioned but I saw a trade rumor where we send AA to the Clippers for Bledsoe and Caron Butler, and at #2 it leaves us the chance to draft McLemore or Oladipo.

I'm not sure how good Bledsoe would be as a starting PG, he's shown flashes as CP3's backup that he could be very good, but judging someone off limited minutes is difficult and very risky. I think a combination of him and McLemore/Oladipo could be quite good if all involved develop, but i don't know if Bledsoe would be my ideal PG. He still needs a lot of work, and he'll soon be coming to a new contract and will want decent money. I think I'd rather see us try and trade AA and/or Baby for a mid to late first and grab Larkin or ideally Schroeder if he's still on the board. I think I'd rather us develop a rookie on their pay scale, than take a backup PG and likely have to take a big risk on if they're worth decent money.

I think our healthy line up from the start of the season - Nelson, AA, Harkless, Baby and Vučević - could have put us in the same range as the Wizards and T-Wolves (ie around 30 wins tops). We did start very well, and that line up if it fires should have been good enough to do better than the injury hit and experience lacking lineups we had to use. If we then got the same production out of Harris from the bench, or at SF with Harkless dropping o the bench or SG and put AA on the bench, then we probably could have won more games than we did.

That being said, other than pride winning those extra games would really not mean a great deal unless we jumped to the 3rd selection.